[solved] installation on clean Debain 8 with existing Raid

• Hello together.

At the Moment i try OMV and it looks very good - think, it will become my next homeserver system.
    But I have one small problem.

My homeserver has 3 Disks the following partitions.

1. 512MB RAID 1 /boot
    2. 4GB Raid 5 swap
    3. 20GB Raid 5 /
    4. rest Raid 5 (data-Partition -> any mountpoint)

When i Install OMV on the existing (and clean) Debian 8 it will not find the Raid5 Datapartition.
    Also when i delete the (Raid-)Data-Partition, i can not create a new Raid 5, because OMV want then Harddisks exclusive (as i think), and I have already the System on the Harddisks.

When I prepare a System with all my (Raid-)Partitions as I want, is it possible to use these Partitions for build shares on it?
    (probably I am to silly to do that - but I hope I am not)

Thanks in advance
    Robert Kraus

• Offizieller Beitrag

The design of OMV is that the OS should be on a separate drive from the data. I would add a small SSD for the OS and then create the 3 drive raid array using the OMV web interface. In order for OMV to use a filesystem for data, you must mount that filesystem in the Filesystems tab.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank You ryecoaaron.

My mistake was, that the Data-Raid-Partition was mounted to the Folder /data.
    OMV mounts in /media/....

Unmount my Partiton an Mount it again in OMV solved the Problem.

I know, that a separate System Disk ist the Way OMV wants, but my Atom-Board has only 4 SATA-Ports and I've 4 Drives installed.
    Further I don't like to use a USB-Device as Systemdrive.

I use this configuration a lot of years - and You know .. You can't teach an old dog ........

Thanks for Your help.

Best regards
    Robert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!