New OMV system for use with Windows clients

• I've just set up an OMV 3.x system. I've got it booting off a USB key, with four hard drives totaling 10 terabytes.

Everything seems to be set up properly through the OMV Web interface: I've got all the drives mounted, I've installed the LVM plugin, and it reports the share as 9.6ish TB ready to go.

I cannot see the OMV server nor the shares that I've set up when I try to access OMV from my Windows client.

Is there a tutorial specifically for a OMV system set up with LVM for use with Windows clients, because after doing everything I thought I had to do w.r.t. users / groups / access privileges / ownership etc, I'm having trouble connecting.

Note that the way I set up my Windows shares on my network at home is I manually remove the "Everyone" permissions from shares, only allowing named users access, with full read / write permissions. No "guests" on my network, nope. To that end, I want to disallow "guests" from accessing OMV, and use the same user id and password that I log into Windows with. Every Windows PC on my home network has local accounts with the same userid and password on each machine, all on the same named "workgroup". When a user attempts to access a share on another machine, it respects the userid and password of the local computer on the remote share, and works without prompting the user for a userid and password. This is the same thing I want to set up on OMV, if possible... so any tips would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

• Have you set up any shared folders yet ?

For the NAS to be usable on the network, you need to:
    - Set up a shared folder.
    - Set up users and permissions for the folder.
    - Create a Samba share for the folder.

• I see that there is another tab on the "SAMBA / CIFS" screen for "shares". I didn't notice it before, but once there the shares I'd created elsewhere were available to "Add", I did so, everything's good now, thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

if you have a link to documentation for that I would appreciate it.

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…w/master/full_install.mkv

Doesn't use LVM but I don't think most people should.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!