openvpnas plugin

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • openvpnas plugin

      Im having problems installing the openvpnas plugin in OMV3 -

      Source Code

      1. apt-get install openmediavault-openvpnas
      2. Building dependency tree
      3. Reading state information... Done
      4. Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
      5. requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
      6. distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
      7. or been moved out of Incoming.
      8. The following information may help to resolve the situation:
      9. The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      10. openmediavault-openvpnas : Depends: openvpn-as (>= 2.0.24) but it is not installable
      11. E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
      Display All

      I tried installing openvpn-as -

      Source Code

      1. apt-get install openvpn-as
      2. Reading package lists... Done
      3. Building dependency tree
      4. Reading state information... Done
      5. Package openvpn-as is not available, but is referred to by another package.
      6. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
      7. is only available from another source
      8. E: Package 'openvpn-as' has no installation candidate


      Any ideas?
    • You need to enable the plex repo. Yes, I know it doesn't make much sense.
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Did you tried execute in shell

      SSH wrote:

      apt-get install openmediavault-openvpnas -y
      If some dependencies are missing execute

      SSH wrote:

      apt-get install -f
      If there will be no positive result go to OVPN official page, download .deb package and install it via termin (dpkg -i <packagename>)
      After that try quota #1

      Waiting for feedback :)
      Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
      Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
      Memory: 4GB RAM
      OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

      Full media and download center configured.

      BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

      ------------------------------

      Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
      Don't ask me via PM!
    • David B wrote:

      Why is it necessary to do this if it does not make sense? I thought that the repos were maintained by you.
      Because the openvpn-as package is in the plex-mirror repo and the openvpnas plugin is in the bintray plex repo. Since the openvpn-as package is not open source, I can't put it in the bintray repo. I didn't feel like creating a couple more repos just for this one plugin and modifying omv-extras for it. So, I took the lazy route and used the plex repo.
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • I do have the plexmediaserver repo enabled in omvextras repo tab but still getting the same error -

      Source Code

      1. root@omvll:~# apt-get install -f
      2. Reading package lists... Done
      3. Building dependency tree
      4. Reading state information... Done
      5. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
      6. root@omvll:~# apt-get install openmediavault-openvpnas -y
      7. Reading package lists... Done
      8. Building dependency tree
      9. Reading state information... Done
      10. Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
      11. requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
      12. distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
      13. or been moved out of Incoming.
      14. The following information may help to resolve the situation:
      15. The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      16. openmediavault-openvpnas : Depends: openvpn-as (>= 2.0.24) but it is not installable
      17. E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
      18. root@omvll:~# apt-get install openmediavault-openvpnas -y
      Display All
    • openvpn-as Manually Install

      1. Now move the new package to this location /var/cache/apt/archives. While in the archives directory the best method is to use "wget downloadlink" from OpenVPN Homepage.
      2. While on the post in the OpenVPN Homepage where the package links are located right click on the 32 or 64 bit link. Then click on "Copy link address".
      3. In a Putty root session to your OMV: cd /var/cache/apt/archives
      4. Still in root session: wget(type a space after the wget then right click and paste the link. Hit ENTER and the package will download directly to this location.)
      5. Now install the package while still in archives directory: dpkg -i plex(hit TAB and then ENTER)
      6. If finished install now [b]the plugin[/b]
      7. apt-cache policy openvpn-as

      Source Code

      1. openvpn-as:
      2. Installiert: 2.1.4-Debian8
      3. Installationskandidat: 2.1.4-Debian8
      4. Versionstabelle:
      5. *** 2.1.4-Debian8 0
      6. 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      Have FUN
      PC: CaseLabs Mercury S3 | Intel Core i5-4670K 4x 3.40GHz | 16GB DDR3-2133 MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | KFA² GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hall Of Fame, 11GB GDDR5X | 1x Crucial M500 240GB | 1x Crucial MX300 525GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
      Server 1: Inter-Tech 4U-4310L | Intel Xeon E3-1225 v5 4x 3.30GHz | 32GB DDR4-2133MHz ECC | 2x SSD Intel DC S3500 Series 120GB (RAID 1) | 2x 2TB Seagate BarraCuda Green (ZFS RAID 1) | 4x 6TB Seagate IronWolf NAS HDD + 4x 4TB Western Digital Red (ZFS RAID 50) | OMV 3.0.75.1 (Erasmus) | Debian GNU/Linux 8.8 (jessie)
      Server 2: HP ProLiant DL180 G6 | 2x Intel Xeon X5650 12x 2,66 GHz | 96GB DDR3-1333MHz ECC | 4x Seagate Enterprise Performance 10K 300GB, 512n, SAS 12Gb/s (Raid 5) | VMware-ESXi-6.0.0-Update3-5224934-HPE-600.10.1.0.73-Jul2017
    • Ok plugin now installed, but cant enable it :(

      Source Code

      1. Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop openvpnas.service 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop openvpnas.service: Unit openvpnas.service not loaded.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(83): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(118): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('stop', NULL, false) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/openvpnas.inc(101): OMV\System\SystemCtl->disable(true) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(147): OMV\Engined\Module\OpenVPNAS->stopService() #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusFG...', '/tmp/bgoutputi5...') #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #14 {main}
    • ggr wrote:

      Ok plugin now installed, but cant enable it :(

      Source Code

      1. Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop openvpnas.service 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop openvpnas.service: Unit openvpnas.service not loaded.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(83): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(118): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('stop', NULL, false) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/openvpnas.inc(101): OMV\System\SystemCtl->disable(true) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(147): OMV\Engined\Module\OpenVPNAS->stopService() #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusFG...', '/tmp/bgoutputi5...') #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #14 {main}
      I am getting the exact same error as above after having to go through the same steps before to get the OpenVPN AS Plugin to install on OMV Erasmus 3.0.87.
    • OMV.User wrote:

      ggr wrote:

      Ok plugin now installed, but cant enable it :(

      Source Code

      1. Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop openvpnas.service 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop openvpnas.service: Unit openvpnas.service not loaded.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(83): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(118): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('stop', NULL, false) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/openvpnas.inc(101): OMV\System\SystemCtl->disable(true) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(147): OMV\Engined\Module\OpenVPNAS->stopService() #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusFG...', '/tmp/bgoutputi5...') #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #14 {main}
      I am getting the exact same error as above after having to go through the same steps before to get the OpenVPN AS Plugin to install on OMV Erasmus 3.0.87.
      I was getting the same error today and couldnt work out why. I suspected maybe a new version was causing this or I was installing the wrong version.
      Anyway try uninstalling all openvpn-as plugins eg. apt-get remove openvpn-as, openmediavault-openvpnas
      Delete the 'openvpn' group (this was left from a previous install and stopped a clean install) :
      groupdel openvpn

      Now follow the following instructions again from CaparZo, but get the Debian 7 not Debian 8 package for step 2 (don't ask me why, I am on OMV Erasmus also which is Debian 8 but this seems to work for me).

      I installed openvpn-as in the web admin interface after this and it all worked.

      CaparZo wrote:

      openvpn-as Manually Install

      1. Now move the new package to this location /var/cache/apt/archives. While in the archives directory the best method is to use "wget downloadlink" from OpenVPN Homepage.
      2. While on the post in the OpenVPN Homepage where the package links are located right click on the 32 or 64 bit link. Then click on "Copy link address".
      3. In a Putty root session to your OMV: cd /var/cache/apt/archives
      4. Still in root session: wget(type a space after the wget then right click and paste the link. Hit ENTER and the package will download directly to this location.)
      5. Now install the package while still in archives directory: dpkg -i plex(hit TAB and then ENTER)
      6. If finished install now [b]the plugin
      7. apt-cache policy openvpn-as

      Source Code

      1. openvpn-as:
      2. Installiert: 2.1.4-Debian8
      3. Installationskandidat: 2.1.4-Debian8
      4. Versionstabelle:
      5. *** 2.1.4-Debian8 0
      6. 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
      Have FUN
    • Thanks @nas-1!

      Using OpenVPN AS 64bit for Debian 7 did the trick for me as well - just as you wrote and following CaprZo's instructions. (Just keep in mind to type dpkg -i openvpn(hit TAB and then ENTER to select the just downloaded package) at point 5 as mentioned by @ggr)

      BTW I had no openvpn group to delete but deleteed the openvpn user that was created earlier.


      -----
      edit
      Just for the kicks of it I tried yet again with Versio 8 as well - does work now, too. So removed / purged Version 7, did all the above mentioned with version 8. I don't know why it didn't work earlier - but in general CaprZo's instructions work fine wahtsoever.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by KOENICH: edit ().