openvpnas plugin

• Im having problems installing the openvpnas plugin in OMV3 -

I tried installing openvpn-as -

Code
    apt-get install openvpn-as
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package openvpn-as is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'openvpn-as' has no installation candidate

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to enable the plex repo. Yes, I know it doesn't make much sense.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Did you tried execute in shell

Zitat von SSH

apt-get install openmediavault-openvpnas -y

If some dependencies are missing execute

apt-get install -f

If there will be no positive result go to OVPN official page, download .deb package and install it via termin (dpkg -i <packagename>)
    After that try quota #1

Waiting for feedback :)

Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
    Don't ask me via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why is it necessary to do this if it does not make sense? I thought that the repos were maintained by you.

Because the openvpn-as package is in the plex-mirror repo and the openvpnas plugin is in the bintray plex repo. Since the openvpn-as package is not open source, I can't put it in the bintray repo. I didn't feel like creating a couple more repos just for this one plugin and modifying omv-extras for it. So, I took the lazy route and used the plex repo.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I do have the plexmediaserver repo enabled in omvextras repo tab but still getting the same error -

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post the output of:
    apt-cache policy openvpn-as

• openvpn-as Manually Install

• Now move the new package to this location /var/cache/apt/archives. While in the archives directory the best method is to use "wget downloadlink" from OpenVPN Homepage.
    • While on the post in the OpenVPN Homepage where the package links are located right click on the 32 or 64 bit link. Then click on "Copy link address".
    • In a Putty root session to your OMV: cd /var/cache/apt/archives
    • Still in root session: wget(type a space after the wget then right click and paste the link. Hit ENTER and the package will download directly to this location.)
    • Now install the package while still in archives directory: dpkg -i plex(hit TAB and then ENTER)
    • If finished install now the plugin
    • apt-cache policy openvpn-as
    Code
    openvpn-as:
      Installiert:           2.1.4-Debian8
      Installationskandidat: 2.1.4-Debian8
      Versionstabelle:
     *** 2.1.4-Debian8 0
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Have FUN

PC: CaseLabs Mercury S3 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG Strix B650E-I Gaming WIFI | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB Kit DDR5-6000 CL30 EXPO | KFA² GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hall Of Fame, 11GB GDDR5X | 1x Crucial P5 Plus 500GB SSD M.2 | 1x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB SSD M.2B | Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit

• Thanks CapaZo. That worked!
    Followed your instructions from 2 onward and now have the plugin installed.
    (I assume thats a typo in 5, I used dpkg -i openvpn-as-2.1.4-Debian8.amd_64.deb)

Thanks for your help :)

• Ok plugin now installed, but cant enable it :(

Code
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop openvpnas.service 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop openvpnas.service: Unit openvpnas.service not loaded.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(83): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(118): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('stop', NULL, false) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/openvpnas.inc(101): OMV\System\SystemCtl->disable(true) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(147): OMV\Engined\Module\OpenVPNAS->stopService() #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusFG...', '/tmp/bgoutputi5...') #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #14 {main}
  • Ok plugin now installed, but cant enable it :(

Code
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl stop openvpnas.service 2>&1' with exit code '5': Failed to stop openvpnas.service: Unit openvpnas.service not loaded.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(83): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 5) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(118): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('stop', NULL, false) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/openvpnas.inc(101): OMV\System\SystemCtl->disable(true) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(147): OMV\Engined\Module\OpenVPNAS->stopService() #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusFG...', '/tmp/bgoutputi5...') #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #14 {main}

I am getting the exact same error as above after having to go through the same steps before to get the OpenVPN AS Plugin to install on OMV Erasmus 3.0.87.

• I am getting the exact same error as above after having to go through the same steps before to get the OpenVPN AS Plugin to install on OMV Erasmus 3.0.87.

I was getting the same error today and couldnt work out why. I suspected maybe a new version was causing this or I was installing the wrong version.
    Anyway try uninstalling all openvpn-as plugins eg. apt-get remove openvpn-as, openmediavault-openvpnas
    Delete the 'openvpn' group (this was left from a previous install and stopped a clean install) :
    groupdel openvpn

Now follow the following instructions again from CaparZo, but get the Debian 7 not Debian 8 package for step 2 (don't ask me why, I am on OMV Erasmus also which is Debian 8 but this seems to work for me).

I installed openvpn-as in the web admin interface after this and it all worked.

openvpn-as Manually Install

• Now move the new package to this location /var/cache/apt/archives. While in the archives directory the best method is to use "wget downloadlink" from OpenVPN Homepage.
    • While on the post in the OpenVPN Homepage where the package links are located right click on the 32 or 64 bit link. Then click on "Copy link address".
    • In a Putty root session to your OMV: cd /var/cache/apt/archives
    • Still in root session: wget(type a space after the wget then right click and paste the link. Hit ENTER and the package will download directly to this location.)
    • Now install the package while still in archives directory: dpkg -i plex(hit TAB and then ENTER)
    • If finished install now [b]the plugin
    • apt-cache policy openvpn-as
    Code
    openvpn-as:
      Installiert:           2.1.4-Debian8
      Installationskandidat: 2.1.4-Debian8
      Versionstabelle:
     *** 2.1.4-Debian8 0
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Have FUN

• Thanks @nas-1!

Using OpenVPN AS 64bit for Debian 7 did the trick for me as well - just as you wrote and following CaprZo's instructions. (Just keep in mind to type dpkg -i openvpn(hit TAB and then ENTER to select the just downloaded package) at point 5 as mentioned by @ggr)

BTW I had no openvpn group to delete but deleteed the openvpn user that was created earlier.

-----
    edit
    Just for the kicks of it I tried yet again with Versio 8 as well - does work now, too. So removed / purged Version 7, did all the above mentioned with version 8. I don't know why it didn't work earlier - but in general CaprZo's instructions work fine wahtsoever.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von KOENICH () aus folgendem Grund: edit

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!