Notifications w/ Cyberpower UPS & more

• Morning all!

So I've been chugging along for a month now with OMV, started with version 3.0.xxx (Now on 3.0.67)

I'm learning as I go, very little linux/command line knowledge here so go easy.

I set up the notifications to alert me of some critical stuff, I.E. Filesystems, SMART & Software Raid. It's a little sensetive but that's ok, it works. I get emails telling me when I log on somewhere else and when I alter/remove file systems and such. Great!

I purchased a Cyberpower CP1500AVRLCD UPS unit for my server and some other items on my media center. I set up the UPS plugin and it does recognize the UPS (Tells me the battery levels, draw, etc when enabled) but I keep getting email alerts on the UPS.

The only settings I have in the driver config is this:
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto

Is there something special I need to set up in there? Do I need a specific driver command and such? Basically it keeps "losing" connection for a moment but very often. But when I go look at the webgui, it's still there. I'd like to use the UPS plugin to shut down the server after a long power outage but don't want my email flooding with notifications. There's nothing in the Notification settings for the UPS plugin or really anything other than the few basic On/Off switches.

I also want to ask, what's going on with the Sensors plugin? I tried it a month or so ago and it broke my Webgui access. I had to roll back the install of that and wipe it out. Has this been fixed?

FYI: I'm running this setup on an Asus MB (Pulled from a desktop) with an i7-4770, 16gb ram. So it's a full blown system, not an RPi or anything. I plan on using some Dockers and such for cloud drives in the future, just fine tuning this thing as I go.

OMV 3.0.76

Asus Z97, Intel i7-4770
    16gb Ram
    Corsair 550w PSU
    Fractal Design Mini Black MATX Case (5 Fans)
    4x WD 6TB Red (Raid 6) Main Storage
    2x WL 3TB (Raid 1) Secondary Storage / Future Cloud
    30gb SSD (OS)
    Plex Media Server Lifetime Pass member
    Linux n00b

• I'm using Cyberpower too.
    Put the following info in Driver Config directives:

Code
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto
    vendorid = 0764
    pollinterval = 60

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• I tried this and I can't log into it via the web browser. No firewall is setup on the server, I'm able to remote in to the WebGUI and through a a shell still, so it's up and running.

OMV 3.0.76

Asus Z97, Intel i7-4770
    16gb Ram
    Corsair 550w PSU
    30gb SSD (OS)
    Linux n00b

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jhobe6678 ()

• I'm using Cyberpower too.
    Put the following info in Driver Config directives:

Code
    driver = usbhid-ups
    port = auto
    vendorid = 0764
    pollinterval = 60

So I put those settings in, took a while but now I can go into the system services and see it. I haven't set up my notifications yet so I don't know if it's going to scream at me, but so far it looks to be reporting the same as it was before. I did find the CyberPower PowerPanel software on their site, not sure what _DD_ told me to do, all I know is I can't find it and remove it now. That makes me nervous. Any time I search for anything in that file name he gave me after running dpkg --list I search the text and can't find it. Huh. I'm not going to sweat it too much now I guess. I reinstalled the whole OS and am still setting things up and copying data back to the new raid build.

OMV 3.0.76

Asus Z97, Intel i7-4770
    16gb Ram
    Corsair 550w PSU
    30gb SSD (OS)
    Linux n00b

• Those directions I gave you were my own saved directions that I use for my setup. Nothing sketchy going on, that's just a link to what is probably CyberPower's CDN for downloads. I was trying to save you time by not finding it yourself but since you have found it just look at the download link for the power panel business edition. You should see it's the same as I gave you unless their CDN adjusts for geographical changes.

In fact I run my own web hosting company and constantly fight against people trying to hack and attack my customers. I wouldn't give anybody instruction unless I knew they were safe and tested myself.

If you login to SHH it should take you to your root folder. That's where the file should've been downloaded to originally unless you changed directories first. Just run a "ls" command and you should see the ppbe320-linux-x86_64.sh file. If not then chances are you never downloaded it and that's probably why the installation failed. Or you might have needed a 32 bit instead of the 64bit I gave you but it looks like you resolved the plugin issues anyways.

I don't know, I kept digging and couldn't find the package with that name at all. No big deal, I still appreciate the help. :) Sorry if I came off accusing you of anything, I'm still new and I'm not really the best with Linux. I'm literally starting my server over from scratch trying to build everything up properly and well, it's a mess lol. I just want to make it solid and leave it alone.

The UPS is important but it's not entirely crucial. Most power outages happen at night and I can get to the console/webgui and shut down the server myself. I just wanted to set up my notifications again but this time have it right where it's not telling me it lost communication with the UPS every minute and building a giant log file while doing so.

OMV 3.0.76

Asus Z97, Intel i7-4770
    16gb Ram
    Corsair 550w PSU
    30gb SSD (OS)
    Linux n00b

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!