Broken mergerfs

• I have a mergerfs filesystem ("STORAGE" made up of "DISK1"+"DISK2"+"DISK3"). This morning, I wanted to create a new shared folder, but found that STORAGE has disappeared from the File Systems list. On the Shared Folders page, it seems to be showing up as "0ea21665-d2cb-4a47-819e-3780f2ddea36" instead of STORAGE. The soft link that I created in /storage to /media/0ea21665-d2cb-4a47-819e-3780f2ddea36 is broken, and of course, so are the SMB shares to STORAGE.

In /etc/fstab, the mergerfs seems to point to /srv/0ea21665-d2cb-4a47-819e-3780f2ddea36 where I can access the files. I'm pretty sure it used to point to /media/0ea21665-d2cb-4a47-819e-3780f2ddea36. That path still exists, but gives "Permission denied" and appears empty.

Has something changed in Mergerfs ? I can recreate the soft link to /srv/ instead of /media/ but that won't fix the mergerfs not showing up in the Web UI and all the shared folders being broken. How do I get it back to normal ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

This has to do with the latest to OMV to use /srv instead of /media.

This has been fixed in 3.1.15 in the repos now.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the fix to revert to /media or to fix the mergerfs plugin to /srv ?

It will use whatever the mount used when it was created. So, all existing filesystems will still use /media.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I think this /srv vs /media thing also affects "Remote Mount"

I wasn't able to look at my file systems or dashboard tabs. (I got a "could not fetch matching mount point" error.) It was looking for /srv/MyRemoteDrive which didn't exist. I deleted and recreated the remote mount and now everything is cool.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think this /srv vs /media thing also affects "Remote Mount"

You are correct and the fix is already in the repo :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!