New Plex 1.5.3 released, needs to be added to the plugin repo for Stoneburner

• The current version (1.4.4) has an issue with remote viewing, where it buffers even during direct plays. Was never an issue before with 1.3.4. This is a global bug with this version, read pages upon pages of users with all systems running 1.4.4 with this issue (on the Plex forums). It has since been fixed, but we are currently locked to this version since there hasn't been an update added to the repo. I read somewhere that there were not going to be any other versions for update for the OMV2.0 users, but I feel that being stuck on 1.4.4 is just... wrong. What can we do to get it added so we can get this (final if need be) update?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I read somewhere that there were not going to be any other versions for update for the OMV2.0 users, but I feel that being stuck on 1.4.4 is just... wrong.

You aren't stuck. You can upgrade to OMV 3.x which gets its updates from the official Plex repo.

What can we do to get it added so we can get this (final if need be) update?

It will never be the "final" update if people keep needing important updates. That said, the packages always come from http://shell.ninthgate.se/pack…l/main/p/plexmediaserver/ and there is no 1.5.3 package there yet. So, I have nothing to put in the omv-extras repo.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just so you know, I can't update the ninthgate repo. I did just update the omv-extras repo though.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the update, but after the update plex won't start anymore. Tried to reboot and start the process manually without any luck.

Here is the log:

Anyone got an idea how I can fix it?

edit: Fixed it myself.

The problem is that plex wants/needs an IPv6 address all of a sudden. Since in my network at home all clients get only IPv4 addresses plex didn't start.

First I tried to change the router settings but I couldn't get it to work. This should work If done right though.
    I just disabled the IPv6 part in the Preferences.xml in the plex folder which works also.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!