can't start virtualbox plugin

• When I try to enable the vbox plugin I get the following error

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start virtualbox-web 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for virtualbox-web.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details.

Pressing the "show details" button gives me this:

Code
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl start virtualbox-web 2>&1' with exit code '1': A dependency job for virtualbox-web.service failed. See 'journalctl -xn' for details.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(83): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(101): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false) #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/virtualbox.inc(107): OMV\System\SystemCtl->enable(true) #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMV\Engined\Module\VirtualBox->startService() #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusOo...', '/tmp/bgoutputPX...') #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #14 {main}

I can't make sense of it. Can anyone here help?

• Newest version of VB is available in plugin, you just need to reinstall it.

In shell:
    apt-get remove --purge virtualbox*
    apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-virtualbox*
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-virtualbox
    if you run on dependencies problem
    apt-get -f install
    apt-get install openmediavault-virtualbox

Eventually you can change terminal install with plugin install on WebUI

There are few threads about this, just use search :)

Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
    Don't ask me via PM!

• yeah i thought the plugin should install those but for some reason it didnt. I manually installed the updated ones and it's working. Not sure what you mean by "Eventually you can change terminal install with plugin install on WebUI".

• After you use shell to uninstall VB, you can switch from terminal installation to OMV WebUI plugin installation :)

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

Don't ask me via PM!

• Well I can start the plugin, but the VBoxWebSrv does not seem to run.
    Can you maybe help me out?

I postet already in this thread.
    I don't want to install the WHOLE system again just because of this little fault..

• I have omv-3.0.70 and the latest kernel from backports (4.9.13-1~bpo8+1). The installation of omv-virtualbox 3.0.7 is corrupted since installation of kernel 4.9.
    As far as I understand, I can repair my installation of vbox following your instructions.

Some questions before doing this:

• Will I loose my configuration of vbox and all my vbox-images when I use "purge"? The user "vbox" will be deleted too?
    • Wouldn't it enough when I remove the packages without "purge"?
    • Why doesn't do a regular upgrade the job?

HP MicroServer Gen8, E3-1220LV2, 8GB RAM, 4x6TB WD-red
    Debian 8.7 (jessie) w. Kernel 4.9.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 (4.9.13-1~bpo8+1)
    OMV 3.0.70

• Hello, regarding your questions:
    1. You will lose configurations of phpvirtualbox, so we password and machines must be imported. If you do not delete manually VMs directory it'll be untouched.
    2. No, purge remove all configurations etc, so files with bad configs will be removed.
    3. I believe (not 100% sure) it is connected to repositories, VB plugin don't use virtualbox repositories but only package owner can ensure you.

Don't ask me via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!