General Question

• When do you need to click on "Install Backports Kernel" and "Install Kernel Headers" under OMV-Extras.org > Kernel ?

The only OMV server I have going is my own. And I set it up using a solid guide I found when I did it. I can no longer find that guide. Nor does my searching return anything about these features. So at this point, I am going setting by settings setting up my friends server. And I am noticing some differences with the "Installed Kernels".

Mine : Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64

His : Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

On OMV 2.x, I always used the backports kernel. Your friend is running the older,standard kernel and you are running the backports kernel.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• So do I click both of those buttons or just one? If both, in what order?

I am only putting Radarr, Sonarr, Transmission, and Plex on his. But in the dashboard it shows Radarr and Sonarr as not running. But they are.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So do I click both of those buttons or just one? If both, in what order?

Installing the backport kernel installs the headers but you can click on either in any order as many times as you want. They won't keep installing something that is already installed.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The Sonarr plugin has a known dashboard bug in it that shows it isn't running when it really is. I have no idea why this hasn't been solved, but it's only cosmetic anyway.

Radarr is a port of Sonarr, so it's not surprising to me that it shares the same bug.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Installing the backport kernel installs the headers but you can click on either in any order as many times as you want. They won't keep installing something that is already installed.

Perfect. Basically what I was looking for.

I want to say Thank You to
    ryecoaaron

You have always answered all of my questions. Even on my other account I couldn't remember the login info for lol.

• The Sonarr plugin has a known dashboard bug in it that shows it isn't running when it really is. I have no idea why this hasn't been solved, but it's only cosmetic anyway.

Radarr is a port of Sonarr, so it's not surprising to me that it shares the same bug.

Once I fixed my resolv.conf file and did the backport, it fixed this issue.

• I doubt the Sonarr/Radarr problem will remain fixed, it hasn't here. It comes and goes, so don't be surprised if you see it again.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!