Again- login accepted, but immediately returns to login screen

• OMV 3.x
    • Again- login accepted, but immediately returns to login screen

I downloaded the image for the Raspberry Pi, omv_rpi2_rpi3_3.0.63.img, to build a Pi-NAS. However when I try to log in, I am back to the login screen. In another thread, 'bkeadle' had a similar issue. His solution was that his system drive was full. OK, I thought, maybe a 16Gb microSD card wasn't big enough, so I copied the img file to a 32Gb microSD card. Same problem. I cannot log in.

If I can't log in (admin:openmediavault), then I can't even get to Step 1 of the setup.

Any help would be appreciated.
    • Copying to a larger SD card doesn't make the OS partition any bigger. du -d1 -h / will tell you which folder to look in.
      omv 4.1.15 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Thanks for the prompt reply.

Since writing the post, I discovered that I can log in as root (root:openmediavault)- it's just the webgui (admin:openmediavault) that won't open

Here's the du and df results:
      (But curious- what is '/proc/1469' and why doesn't the directory exist?)

root@raspberrypi:~# du -d1 -h /
      21M /boot
      651M /var
      16K /srv
      4.0K /export
      42M /opt
      7.9M /bin
      715M /usr
      15M /sbin
      0 /proc
      21M /boot
      651M /var
      16K /srv
      4.0K /export
      42M /opt
      7.9M /bin
      715M /usr
      15M /sbin
      0 /proc
      1.9M /home
      19M /run
      7.6M /etc
      9.5M /boot.bak
      0 /dev
      16K /lost+found
      29K /media
      0 /sys
      48K /root
      32K /tmp
      21M /boot
      651M /var
      16K /srv
      4.0K /export
      42M /opt
      7.9M /bin
      715M /usr
      15M /sbin
      du: cannot access ‘/proc/1469/task/1469/fd/3’: No such file or directory
      du: cannot access ‘/proc/1469/task/1469/fdinfo/3’: No such file or directory
      du: cannot access ‘/proc/1469/fd/4’: No such file or directory
      du: cannot access ‘/proc/1469/fdinfo/4’: No such file or directory
      0 /proc
      369M /lib
      4.0K /mnt
      1.9G /

root@raspberrypi:~# df -h
      Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
      /dev/root 3.2G 1.8G 1.3G 59% /
      devtmpfs 483M 0 483M 0% /dev
      tmpfs 487M 0 487M 0% /dev/shm
      tmpfs 487M 19M 468M 4% /run
      tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
      tmpfs 487M 0 487M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
      /dev/mmcblk0p1 56M 21M 36M 38% /boot
      /dev/mmcblk0p3 26G 2.7M 25G 1% /media/fa36508a-b3c4-4499-b30a-711dd5994225
      tmpfs 98M 0 98M 0% /run/user/0
    • The spam filter is putting the posts in moderation when you have a low post count and post a large post. So, someone must have approved them

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • I had a problem, today, with the Web GUI log-in. It was the same thing. The right user and password was provided. It appeared that it was accepted but rather than display the GUI, the page reset to the login dialog box again.

I tried to log in several times (to cover fat finger password errors) and used two different browsers, with no luck. I SSH'ed and first tried a SHUTDOWN -r (reboot) without any change. I SSH'ed in again and used omv-firstaid, going line by line.

I skipped 1 to 3 as not applicable.
      I skipped 5 because I haven't created / configured a config backup. (And I didn't want OVM to decide what to use from the past.)
      I skipped the recommendations of 7 -> Various RRD files "contains time stamps in the future, do you want to delete?"
      (This is a question - the safety of "deleting RRD files" - that I want to up to one of the moderators.)
      I did 8 and 9. (If anything was fixed, I'm guessing it happened here.)
      I skipped 10 (E-mail notifications are not configured)

Afterward, I could log in VIA the Web GUI again. While it could have been a coincidence, as I like to say, all's well that ends well.

Video Guides :!: New User Guide :!: Docker Guides :!: Pi-hole in Docker
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing.
    • flmaxey wrote:

I did 8 and 9. (If anything was fixed, I'm guessing it happened here.)
      Your OS drive was probably full. 8 and 9 both clear cached .deb packages.

• I was a bit too quick with that last note. A bit of time passed and back to the same login problem. I'll look at the drive (SD card) full possibility.

Thanks

• Question regarding the log on:

I have TOP running and I've noticed that urbackupsrv is running at "183" (+/-) of %CPU. I checked and found that it's backing up a client.

Keeping in mind that I'm running an R-PI 2, if the CPU is running flat out, could that prevent a GUI log-in?

Thanks again.

• flmaxey wrote:

Keeping in mind that I'm running an R-PI 2, if the CPU is running flat out, could that prevent a GUI log-in?
      Not usually but I guess it is possible. Normally just slows everything down.

• I saved the Wed login issue to an image, to examine later. (I ended up punting back to a previously saved image.)

What could file up a mostly static SD boot media? Graph data?

While it may have nothing to do with it, I noted during the omv-firstaid routines (7. Check RRD database) that I had several "RRD files with future timestamps" and was prompted to delete them. I didn't do it. I may go back and give it a try. There's nothing to lose.

• flmaxey wrote:

What could file up a mostly static SD boot media? Graph data?
      Probably logs files. du -d1 -h /