How to change directory to mounted USB drive.

• I have mounted a USB drive manually with the GUI and then logged on to OMV with putty.

I don't seem to be able to get access to the drive with this

Code
    cd /dev/sdd

but it keeps telling me that it is not a directory

what am I doing wrong?

• /dev/sdd is not a valid mount point.

Try looking in /media for it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I looked at the link you provided and it appears that you're trying to configure "TVHEAD" or something like that?
    (Is "TVHEAD" an OMV plugin or a 3rd party linux app? Either way, I've never used it.)

A lot is missing from your post like, for example, the version of OMV you're using. In versions 3.0.68 and below, a hard drive would be found under /media.

As an example of a USB drive path I have on my system, the following is a folder location to a USB hard drive, that services a Plugin I use called UrBackup. -> /media/5eee31cc-c41b-46b4-b829-71951efd6bb5/BACKUP
    (The series of numbers is the UUID for my external USB hard drive.)

If you're running the very latest version of OMV, 3.0.69, the above would be /srv/5eee31cc-c41b-46b4-b829-71951efd6bb5/BACKUP

The first thing you need to do is, determine which version of OMV you're running.
    Second, find your hard drive.

Once you find your drive, standard linux commands would apply. From there, setting a path according to the instructions in your link should be easy.

Good Luck

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!