Error: fsname: The value 'NULL' is not a string.

• Hey,

I just logged in my OMV Webpanel and got a popup with this error: "fsname: The value 'NULL' is not a string."

Details:

Code
    Fehler #0: exception 'OMV\Json\SchemaValidationException' with message 'fsname: The value 'NULL' is not a string.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc:366 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(297): OMV\Json\Schema->validateString(NULL, Array, 'fsname') #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(624): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType(NULL, Array, 'fsname') #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(395): OMV\Json\Schema->checkProperties(Object(stdClass), Array, '') #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(285): OMV\Json\Schema->validateObject(Object(stdClass), Array, '') #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/schema.inc(257): OMV\Json\Schema->validateType(Object(stdClass), Array, '') #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/paramsvalidator.inc(59): OMV\Json\Schema->validate('{"fsname":null}') #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(170): OMV\Rpc\ParamsValidator->validate('{"fsname":null}') #7 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/fstab.inc(171): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->validateMethodParams(Array, 'rpc.fstab.getby...') #8 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFsTab->getByFsName(Array, Array) #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getByFsName', Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(112): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FsTab', 'getByFsName', Array, Array) #12 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->enumerateFilesystems(Array, Array) #13 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #14 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateFilesy...', Array, Array) #15 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'enumerateFilesy...', Array, Array, 1) #16 {main}

The last things I did on the OMV box:

1. Installed Virtual Box Plugin
    2. Created a Folder Share for VMs
    3. Assign VMs Folder in the Virtual Box Plugin

OMV 4 - Ryzen 7 1700 (8 Cores / 16 Threads 65W TDP) - 32 GB DDR4 ECC
    128 GB OS SSD - 256 GB Plex SSD - 32 TB RAIDZ2 (6x8TB HGST NAS)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pretty sure you are having this issue because of this - Could not fetch a matching mount point w/ mergerfs w/ new OMV mounting points

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ah okay so basically ZFS plugin need an update to work with the newest 3.x version?

Totally forgot to mention my hardware and software:
    - 6x8TB ZFS Raidz2 (Raid6)
    - 1x8TB Backup without Raid
    - Latest OMV 3.x build
    - Skylake CPU with way too less RAM for ZFS (8GB)

OMV 4 - Ryzen 7 1700 (8 Cores / 16 Threads 65W TDP) - 32 GB DDR4 ECC
    128 GB OS SSD - 256 GB Plex SSD - 32 TB RAIDZ2 (6x8TB HGST NAS)

• Offizieller Beitrag

ZFS plugin need an update to work with the newest 3.x version?

Yep. 3.0.69 is fine.

• Pretty sure you are having this issue because of this - Could not fetch a matching mount point w/ mergerfs w/ new OMV mounting points

I dont understand why omv release a new version meanwhile the plugins are not compatibel to this. (And its now one week later ahead!)
    This is quite frustrating if you have to constantly patch afterwards rather than expect a stable system.

I wish you guys come to a point of stable system with all plugins what can be use for and than you all go to a holiday. Because this constant cat and mouse game between ovm updates and plugin updates destroys omv long term and I do not like these thoughts. Constantly fixing this afterwards can not be sense of the thing

• Offizieller Beitrag

I dont understand why omv release a new version meanwhile the plugins are not compatibel to this. (And its now one week later ahead!)
    This is quite frustrating if you have to constantly patch afterwards rather than expect a stable system.

I wish you guys come to a point of stable system with all plugins what can be use for and than you all go to a holiday. Because this constant cat and mouse game between ovm updates and plugin updates destroys omv long term and I do not like these thoughts. Constantly fixing this afterwards can not be sense of the thing

I can't blaim Volker for releasing because it is fixing other issues. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time keeping up with the changes and no one else is helping...

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I am having a hard time keeping up with the changes and no one else is helping...

Year, because i think for the most plugin writer it is very frustrating to keep up the plugins on an Vulnerable and heavy update needed system.
    i dont know what debian is thinking of his Jessie system or what Volker thinking about but i dont think the currently way of omv is going to be good. And if you see in the forum how much peoble report problems after new updates releases or instable plugins or how much time have to be invested for fixes over the consoles... How should beginners feel comfortable with this? This can't be good!

• Offizieller Beitrag

i dont know what debian is thinking of his Jessie system or what Volker thinking about but i dont think the currently way of omv is going to be good.

I don't know why you think it is that bad. There is a stable release (OMV 2.x) that beginners can use.

And if you see in the forum how much peoble report problems after new updates releases or instable plugins or how much time have to be invested for fixes over the consoles...

Most of the plugins don't have these issues. For the plugins that do, that is a risk the user takes when using a system still in development. The plugins that provides additional filesystems are the plugin that have the most issues with remotemount probably having the most issues. I might make the remotemount plugin require a certain version of OMV to avoid breaking things.

• As OMV3 is still beta I can follow ryecoaaron in above discussion, still having similar feelings as Wetter.

I've seen on Mantis BT that votdev stated this issue as solved with OMV 3.0.71 (3.0.72 is already available) and an adapted
    ZFS plugin.

ryecoaaron: Out of curiosity: is the root-cause identified and can we expect an ZFS plugin update not too far in the future?

Anyway - great platform and I really appreciate the work of you guys.

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• There is a stable release (OMV 2.x) that beginners can use.

I surely would still use OMV 2.x, if ZFS would be available anymore. So I am also very interested in a stable ZFS implementation and -plugin.

So for me always a hard question is to decide whether is it necessary to install a new version of OMV or a plugin or not? Is it a bug fix or do I get new problems with it? I always read the release notes before installing but that not always help.

And another question is: If I know a stable combination of OMV version and plugins how is it possible to install exactly that versions later again e.g. after a system crash? I think that must be done by CLI but neither I am familiar with debian package handling and repositories nor I know were to download earlier versions of OMV or the plugins. Does anybody has some information about that or a link for me?
    Thanks in advance.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

is the root-cause identified and can we expect an ZFS plugin update not too far in the future?

I know what the error is but I haven't had time to figure out how to fix it. I have really never worked on this plugin so it takes a while to figure out how it works.

I surely would still use OMV 2.x, if ZFS would be available anymore.

I don't consider zfs a plugin that a beginner should use.

So I am also very interested in a stable ZFS implementation and -plugin.

If I can get this one issue fixed in the zfs plugin, I don't think OMV 3.x will be changing much anymore and using zfs with OMV 3.x will be a stable system. The bug is a display bug and not really major but I haven't had time to figure out how to fix it.

If I know a stable combination of OMV version and plugins how is it possible to install exactly that versions later again e.g. after a system crash? I think that must be done by CLI but neither I am familiar with debian package handling and repositories nor I know were to download earlier versions of OMV or the plugins. Does anybody has some information about that or a link for me?

I would just wait for me to fix this. Then you should have a stable system without having to do all kinds of manual installation.

• And another question is: If I know a stable combination of OMV version and plugins how is it possible to install exactly that versions later again e.g. after a system crash? I think that must be done by CLI but neither I am familiar with debian package handling and repositories nor I know were to download earlier versions of OMV or the plugins. Does anybody has some information about that or a link for me?
    Thanks in advance.

ZFS plugin works well with OMV 3.0.69 for the time being:

Just execute the following three commands and you should be fine:

wget http://packages.openmediavault.org/public/pool/main/o/openmediavault/openmediavault_3.0.69_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault_3.0.69_all.deb
    systemctl restart openmediavault-engined.service

HP Microserver Gen8 - 16GB RAM - 1x Dogfish 64GB SSD - 4x 3TB WD Red / ZFS raid1 - OMV 7.x bare metal - Docker - Synology DS214 with 2x 4TB WD Red for rsync backup

• ZFS plugin works well with OMV 3.0.69 for the time being:

Just execute the following three commands and you should be fine:

wget http://packages.openmediavault…mediavault_3.0.69_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault_3.0.69_all.deb
    systemctl restart openmediavault-engined.service

@belierzz: Thank you for your post. I have seen, that a lot of OMV packages are avaialble under this URL. That´s good to know. :)

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Today I have installed the openmediavault-nut plugin V3.2.11. During the installation process my current OMV V3.0.68 version was updated to OMV V3.0.73. I wanted to avoid this because I am using ZFS.

Now when I go to the "System information" page I get this message:

And in the syslog shows me:
    Apr 29 16:29:16 ppp omv-engined[9686]: PHP Fatal error: Class
    OMV\System\Filesystem\FilesystemZfs contains 1 abstract method and must
    therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods
    (OMV\System\Filesystem\IFilesystem::getPredictableDeviceFile) in
    /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystemzfs.inc on
    line 345

Do I have to worry about this? :/

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

It might be a bug in the zfs plugin but I haven't seen that. It won't affect your data either. Still trying to fix the "value is null" bug.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, after days of trying to figure out the problem with the zfs plugin, Volker found the problem in probably a few minutes :) Updated plugin will be released at the same time as OMV 3.0.74.

• Is there an ETA for OMV 3.0.74 and openmediavault-zfs 3.0.15? Not meant to push - just wondering.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there an ETA for OMV 3.0.74 and openmediavault-zfs 3.0.15?

Not sure about 3.0.74 but the zfs plugin will be released as soon as 3.0.74 is released. Running both on my development system and they are working well.

• Offizieller Beitrag

3.0.74 is available

And the updated plugin is available now.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!