Remote Mount Usage - Folder Locations

    • OMV 3.x

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Remote Mount Usage - Folder Locations

      Hi
      I am using the Remote Mount plug-in so that some of the Plugins like Deluge, Sickbeard, etc. have Read Write access to the SMB Shares on my Network.

      I used the Remote Mount Plug-In to create a Link to an SMB share on my Network.
      I go to the "/srv/" directory and ensure that the directory is there and is working
      I use an SSH session to copy a file to ensure that root has the ability to copy a file onto share

      That all works but when it comes to the config of the plugins I get stuck. I cannot use the "/srv" directory directly in the Plugin configuration as only "root" has RW access to them.
      If I tried to create a Shared Folder it will create the Folder on the Actual SMB Share

      I cannot found a folder on the filesystem that links to my remote share except for the one in the "/srv\" directory

      Have I missed a step ?
    • Zipper1024 wrote:

      If I tried to create a Shared Folder it will create the Folder on the Actual SMB Share
      That is what it is supposed to do. remotemount creates the mount point and shared folder creates a folder on that mount point. If you don't want it to create a folder, use / for path. I will have to look to see if mine have the right ownership.
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

      Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • The problem is when configuring the plugin and trying to specify a directory, most of the the plugin looks and the system disk and ignores the OMV created shared folder so the only folder I can find that is mounted that looks at my share is the "/srv"/ folder.

      My scenario is that most of media sits on another server and I want "sickbeard" or "sonarr" to move the files directly to the media server what is the best way to accomplish that
      - Which directory do I specify that allows me to configure the permissions as the directory in "/srv" give me permission denied when I try to do a chmod
      - Or how do I configure the sonarr/sickbeard user account to have some kind of root access that will allow write access ?
    • Zipper1024 wrote:

      most of the the plugin looks and the system disk and ignores the OMV created shared folder so the only folder I can find that is mounted that looks at my share is the "/srv"/ folder.
      I don't have this problem. My mountpoints aren't root only. Are you sure the share is mounted and has write permissions?

      I don't use sickbeard or sonarr so I can't really help with those questions. But most of them point back to not having write permissions which makes me think your setup of the remote mount is wrong. Most permission issues are fixed from the other end.
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

      Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • I can write to my remote mounts with non-root users. What is the output of: ls -al /srv/ and mount | grep cifs
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

      Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ls Output
      root@NovaOMVault:~# ls -al /srv/
      total 144
      drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Apr 18 21:00 .
      drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4096 Apr 15 00:16 ..
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 20480 Apr 12 22:25 36793549-9cf1-41ae-8733-afd189cf64cd
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 40960 Apr 18 11:55 9351a58b-3de2-4741-ab95-9aaefbb89952
      drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 49152 Apr 18 17:14 940342c2-cf64-4b4e-b399-5cae1af06d20
      drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Dec 6 22:02 dev-disk-by-id-ata-SAMSUNG_HD103UI_S1PGJ1NQ900263-part1
      drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4096 Nov 23 23:48 dev-disk-by-id-ata-SAMSUNG_HD103UI_S1PGJ1NQ900508-part1

      Mount Output
      //192.168.2.20/Series1 on /srv/9351a58b-3de2-4741-ab95-9aaefbb89952 type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=xxx,domain=SERVER1,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.2.20,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serverino,mapposix,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,_netdev)
      //192.168.2.20/Series2 on /srv/940342c2-cf64-4b4e-b399-5cae1af06d20 type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=xxx,domain=SERVER1,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.2.20,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serverino,mapposix,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,_netdev)
      //192.168.2.20/Series3 on /srv/36793549-9cf1-41ae-8733-afd189cf64cd type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=xxx,domain=SERVER,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.2.20,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serverino,mapposix,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,_netdev)
    • The folders in /srv/ should have the write bit set for the group. Not sure why it isn't. I will have to try on a fresh VM.
      omv 4.1.8.2 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.9
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

      Please read this before posting a question.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      I was able to replicate the problem. Working on how to fix it.
      Im having the same issue that i cant write either. the mount is a windows directory set to share with everyone. i can create files with root but not normal user. Im using version 3.0.10 of the plugin.

      Source Code

      1. saitoh183@SRV-Saitoh-app:/$ mount | grep cifs
      2. //192.168.13.1/backups on /srv/cfc31adf-3b2d-4ba7-85a9-ed08ee6a3b7f type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,user
      3. name=backup,domain=WORKGROUP,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.13.1,unix,posixpaths,serverino,mapposix,a
      4. cl,rsize=1048576,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,_netdev)
      5. //WIN7-VM/anime on /srv/9eeb6401-bd18-4970-8102-26490cf09202 type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=sa
      6. itoh183,domain=WIN7-VM,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.13.181,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serv
      7. erino,mapposix,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,_netdev)
      8. saitoh183@SRV-Saitoh-app:/$ ls -al /srv/
      9. total 32
      10. drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 4096 Jun 5 23:48 .
      11. drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 Jun 1 00:20 ..
      12. drwxrwsrwx 9 saitoh183 users 4096 Jun 5 01:58 72f2685d-d6ae-4a42-9547-4cabc9b7d50e
      13. drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jun 6 00:14 9eeb6401-bd18-4970-8102-26490cf09202
      14. drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jun 3 20:37 cfc31adf-3b2d-4ba7-85a9-ed08ee6a3b7f
      15. drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Jun 4 21:29 dev-disk-by-label-backup
      16. drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 May 19 13:41 dev-disk-by-label-Data
      17. drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 May 7 13:14 dev-disk-by-label-home
      18. drwxrwsrwx 10 saitoh183 users 4096 Jun 1 09:32 dev-disk-by-label-Work
      19. drwxr-xr-x 2 ftp nogroup 4096 May 19 07:19 ftp
      Display All
      the one im trying to write to is


      Source Code

      1. drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jun 6 00:14 9eeb6401-bd18-4970-8102-26490cf09202
      i tried addinf the File_mod and Dir_mode but it didnt change anything.
    • saitoh183 wrote:

      ryecoaaron wrote:

      I was able to replicate the problem. Working on how to fix it.
      Im having the same issue that i cant write either. the mount is a windows directory set to share with everyone. i can create files with root but not normal user. Im using version 3.0.10 of the plugin.

      Source Code

      1. saitoh183@SRV-Saitoh-app:/$ mount | grep cifs
      2. //192.168.13.1/backups on /srv/cfc31adf-3b2d-4ba7-85a9-ed08ee6a3b7f type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,user
      3. name=backup,domain=WORKGROUP,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.13.1,unix,posixpaths,serverino,mapposix,a
      4. cl,rsize=1048576,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,_netdev)
      5. //WIN7-VM/anime on /srv/9eeb6401-bd18-4970-8102-26490cf09202 type cifs (rw,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=sa
      6. itoh183,domain=WIN7-VM,uid=0,noforceuid,gid=0,noforcegid,addr=192.168.13.181,file_mode=0755,dir_mode=0755,nounix,serv
      7. erino,mapposix,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,echo_interval=60,actimeo=1,_netdev)
      8. saitoh183@SRV-Saitoh-app:/$ ls -al /srv/
      9. total 32
      10. drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 4096 Jun 5 23:48 .
      11. drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 4096 Jun 1 00:20 ..
      12. drwxrwsrwx 9 saitoh183 users 4096 Jun 5 01:58 72f2685d-d6ae-4a42-9547-4cabc9b7d50e
      13. drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jun 6 00:14 9eeb6401-bd18-4970-8102-26490cf09202
      14. drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Jun 3 20:37 cfc31adf-3b2d-4ba7-85a9-ed08ee6a3b7f
      15. drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 Jun 4 21:29 dev-disk-by-label-backup
      16. drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 May 19 13:41 dev-disk-by-label-Data
      17. drwxr-xr-x 8 root root 4096 May 7 13:14 dev-disk-by-label-home
      18. drwxrwsrwx 10 saitoh183 users 4096 Jun 1 09:32 dev-disk-by-label-Work
      19. drwxr-xr-x 2 ftp nogroup 4096 May 19 07:19 ftp
      Display All
      the one im trying to write to is


      Source Code

      1. drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Jun 6 00:14 9eeb6401-bd18-4970-8102-26490cf09202
      i tried addinf the File_mod and Dir_mode but it didnt change anything.
      Got it to work
    • Users Online 1

      1 Guest