MySQL Plugin - Backup/Restore Databse

• Good DAY!!

Tried to research the issue I am having before hand, but did not see anyone with the same problem.

Can recreate the issue on both my production OMV 2 and testing OMV 3 systems

I have the MySQL plugin running on OMV2 system which contains a couple of databases.
    There is a backup job that runs and works great, so no issues with creating the .sql backup files.

However I have tried to restore the database on both my current OMV2 box and OMV3 test box, but get the same errors

1) I was getting an error the the file was to big to upload for Nginx

• Offizieller Beitrag

I was getting an error the the file was to big to upload for Nginx

That is an OMV setting. You will just have to restore from the command line. mysql -u root -p DATABASE_NAME < backup.sql

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thank you for the information.

I was able to get it working with the command line.

However it is unfortunate that it does not work with the GUI ....... since the option is there.

Maybe it would be nice to add a feature which would let you adjust the php.ini settings and vshost settings for the web-gui (max upload size, max post size, etc....)

• Offizieller Beitrag

However it is unfortunate that it does not work with the GUI ....... since the option is there.

It does work. Just not for large databases. Most OMV users don't have 20+ MB databases.

Maybe it would be nice to add a feature which would let you adjust the php.ini settings and vshost settings for the web-gui (max upload size, max post size, etc....)

The plugin can't do this. OMV has to do this. I thought there was a setting in /etc/default/openmediavault to change it but I can't find it right now.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I see thank you for clarifying !!

It was a good learning experience for me

I was able to with the command line restore the database on my OMV3 VM, which was the last thing I needed to do before migrating my actual NAS running OMV2 to OMV3

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!