[SOLVED] Installation and Upgrade Problems

• I finally saved up enough money to get a home built NAS running. However, I'm running into a few problems with OpenMediaVault. First off, I couldn't get the latest 0.4 amd64 version to install. The installer consistently failed trying to install Grub of all things. I was using a USB to install the iso and not a CD. I'm pretty sure it doesn't make any difference but I thought I'd point that out. I checked the hash of the download and the hash checked out. I tried several different flash drives and the install failed at the same spot every time. I eventually tried getting 0.3 amd 64 and that installed fine. Now I'm trying to get the installation to upgrade to the latest install. However, I'm completely stuck. I saw the post about upgrading from 3 to 4 and did the steps that it listed. I changed, "/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list" to only contain "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public fedaykin main" and that did nothing. I tried doing "apt-get update" , "apt-get upgrade", and "apt-get dist-upgrade" in that order. The last two commands tells me that openmediavault was kept back. I'm not sure where to go from here. The webGUI shows no updates and it's currently running 3.10. Any suggestions?

Current Build:

• LIAN LI PC-Q25B Black Aluminum Mini-ITX Tower Computer Case
    • ASUS C60M1-I AMD Fusion APU C-60 (1.0GHz, dual core) AMD Hudson M1 Mini ITX Motherboard/CPU Combo
    • SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
    • SanDisk ReadyCache SDSSDRC-032G-G26 2.5" 32GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) for Windows 7-based PCs
    • G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH
  • Thank you so much for the fast reply. However, the motherboard lacks the wonderful ability of containing a serial port. Therefore, having that option to disable said serial port is not an option. :/

• It's weird because others have this board and I think they installed ok. Contact this forum member, its-my-right, via pm and see if he had any issues on install. I see he had issues with lm-sensors but many will with itx boards.

Try this on the .3:

change the fedaykin back to omnius in the openmediavaut.list

then:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get -f install

then change it to fedaykin again and:
    apt-get udpate
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get -f install
    apt-get dist-upgrade

then install 3rd Part Plugins:
    http://forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1169

• This is what the ssh terminal looks like when I changed the openmediavault.list file to contain omnius instead of fedaykin.

This is what it stated after I changed omnius back to fedaykin.

• Here's the contents of sources.list.

• Change it to this:

Then:
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

• Many lines of code later...

• Here are the results

• Just out of curiosity, I tried a "apt-get dist-upgrade" after the code I just posted. Here are the results.

It looks like it upgraded to 4.28 (OH MY GOODNESS!!! :) ) Here are the results of your postfix code

Code
    root@rupert:~# apt-get -s install postfix
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    postfix is already the newest version.
    postfix set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!