mergerfs.balance doesn't work

• @trapexit - Can I use the -e to exclude a folder?

for instance a temp folder which is in use 'constantly' ?

I've used -e *aquota* -e snapraid* to exclude snapraid files and aquota but can't seem to get the tool to ignore a folder

I tried -e */temp* but it didn't work .

• The exclusion works on filenames. Not paths. The tool would need to be reworked slightly to use full directory paths.

edit: It's a pretty straight forward change. I'll see if I can work on it today or tomorrow.

• @trapexit - tested gt & lt and both seem to work perfectly.

I can't quite get the -I (exclude dir) to work.

When I use a command like:

mergerfs.balance /srv/a003c725-7b1a-4ed7-acab-42bbe7d05a31/ -s 10M -e *aquota* -e snapraid* -E /srv/a003c725-7b1a-4ed7-acab-42bbe7d05a31/docker/

Then it just doesn't go any further.. I don't know if it's doing anything like scanning or similar but it doesn't do anything within the timelimit of my patience :)

is the above -E wrong?

• It's an fnmatch pattern just like the others. It just checks the whole path rather than file. That path is the full source path, not the mergerfs path. The real intent is for you to provide relative path matches. "*/docker/*" or similar.

Are you wrapping those arguments in quotes?

It doesn't print anything out if it's scanning.

• It's an fnmatch pattern just like the others. It just checks the whole path rather than file. That path is the full source path, not the mergerfs path. The real intent is for you to provide relative path matches. "*/docker/*" or similar.

Are you wrapping those arguments in quotes?

It doesn't print anything out if it's scanning.

Hi @trapexit

No, not wrapping in quotes.. I ran it as the above post.

So if I understand what you mean the intent is to provide the path like the output mergerFS.balance provides.. like the output below:

Code
    to:   /srv/dev-disk-by-label-disk9
    sending incremental file list
    backup/Martin/gemmes/Desktop/2010-12-08/Struktur/satellit og IT/IT/drivers win 7 til bærbar/Win7/AP/02_Wireless Switch II/
    backup/Martin/gemmes/Desktop/2010-12-08/Struktur/satellit og IT/IT/drivers win 7 til bærbar/Win7/AP/02_Wireless Switch II/20090812_Wss2_V1.0.0.4C_Release.zip

So instead of srv/xxxxxxx/docker
    I would just put in -E *docker/*

mergerfs.balance /srv/a003c725-7b1a-4ed7-acab-42bbe7d05a31/ -s 10M -e *aquota* -e snapraid* -E *docker/* -E *downloads/*

above as example..

should it be wrapped in quotes?

• I'm guessing you aren't too familiar with Linux command lines. If you don't put those arguments in quotes the shell expands the asterisk rather than passing it into the app.

$ sudo mergerfs.balance -s 10M -e "*aquota*" -e "snapraid*" -E "*docker/*" -E "*downloads/*" /source/directory

• I'm guessing you aren't too familiar with Linux command lines. If you don't put those arguments in quotes the shell expands the asterisk rather than passing it into the app.

$ sudo mergerfs.balance -s 10M -e "*aquota*" -e "snapraid*" -E "*docker/*" -E "*downloads/*" /source/directory

No not too familiar. I work on trial & error :-|

am running the following and it runs smoothly:

Code
    mergerfs.balance -s 100M -e "*aquota*" -e "snapraid*" -E "*docker/*" -E "*downloads/*" /srv/a003c725-7b1a-4ed7-acab-42bbe7d05a31/
  • I don't need to run it daily.. just set it as a prelim. test.

MergerFS looks at your rules and applies it so in theory it can fill up 1 drive without touching the others.

I use 'existing path, least free space' and apply the following arguments:

'defaults,allow_other,use_ino,moveonenospc=true'

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!