Phantom Export folder

• I'm having issues getting rid of a weird phantom error I'm receiving. It hasn't caused real problems lately in attempts at configuring things in OMV, so I put it off to solve later. Unfortunately later has come, as I'm trying to modify the folder location for Docker plugin, and hitting this issue again. Long story short on the background, I think there is some leftover buggy settings somewhere referring to old configurations I used at one point. I had a wealth of folders and I was mounting them all via NFS, then I changed to SMB, and then I reduced the amount of folders and restructured them to mostly be under one top level folder. The main problem folder now, is the Downloads folder referenced in the issue.

Error Message being posted on attempt to save Docker alternate root path update:
    Error #0: exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mkdir --parents --mode=0700 '/export/downloads' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mkdir: cannot create directory '/export/downloads': File exists' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/mountpoint.inc(98): OMV\System\Process->execute() #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(84): OMV\System\MountPoint->create() #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMVModuleFsTab->startService() #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array) #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusHc...', '/tmp/bgoutput4t...') #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array) #9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array) #10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array) #12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1) #13 {main}

Outputting the below shared folder and Shares from the associated services, so nobody tells me to just remove that share. I have and double checked them all to be sure. Still getting the message.
    Current Shared Folders:

AFP Shares:

NFS Shares:

SMB Shares:

Dig a little deeper into the filesystem itself instead and we find these details - where even as root (sudo or sudo su), I can't delete or remove the export - get the message about resource busy

Finally tried to check out /etc/fstab:

Any help in outlining what could be wrong here and/or how I can clean this leftover lingering phantom mount? Should I be able to just pull out that fstab entry and be good? Or is there somewhere else I should be looking for the traces of this? Some other inner workings of OMV perhaps that stores the information that generates the fstab?

• Marking this as resolved, though it's not truly resolved in my mind of understanding what was happening and/or WHERE the problem was surfacing from.

The solution for now, after attempting to remove the /etc/fstab entry, I found that it recreated itself on a restart. So I went ahead and tried to "mimic" the creation activities that caused this export in the first place. I started by creating the location in question (mounted in a UFS storage pool) called `downloads`. I then proceeded to create an NFS mount for `downloads`.

After doing this, I proceeded to save and apply the changes. Then slowly work backwards through them again. I first removed and deleted the NFS mount. After which I removed and deleted the folder and content in Shared Folders for the downloads folder.

Once I completed all this, I made an attempt at moving my docker location, and it worked without any complaints. I also went back and attempted the previous setting change (UFS Storage Pool min free space setting) and it changed without the complaint either. So at this point the problem is resolved from "tricking" it out, but it would have been good to know how I could have found the sticky bit of code that caused this phantom export. Just wanted to report back my workaround in case anyone else is plagued by this like I was in the future.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!