OpenVPN Shares not visible

• Hello,

I've installed and configured the openVPN plugin, created a user and certificates, imported the client configuration to the openVPN-Client on my Laptop (Windows 10). I'm able to connecct to the omv openVPN-server, also i'm getting a valid IP (10.8.0.6). But I cannot see the network devices and my shares. Any tipps where I went wrong?
    Here's a screenshot of the configuration:

Config-Screenshot

Thanks in advance!

• But what about the subnet? The home-network has these settings: 192.168.178.0 / 255.255.2550
    but the vpn network has these: 10.8.0.0 / 255.255.255.0

Will the shares be visible?

• Offizieller Beitrag

No. Is about the type of vpn. The plugin uses the tun adapter. If you want broadcasting you need to switch to bridge mode using tap adapter. The plugin doesn't support that.
    You might remove the plugin and configure the vpn server manually in tap mode.

https://community.openvpn.net/…n/wiki/BridgingAndRouting

Is it a big deal anyway. I use routed mode in pfsense and works very well. Obviously upnp bcast and other fancy stuff doesn't work. I have dns mappings with short names so I can type the address quickly from remote locations.

• Hey,
    It is like subzero79 says. OVPN plugin have option under VPN network:

1. Default gateway (please check it)
    2. Client to client (please check it)

Those 2 are used to communicate with all clients, even with different IP/subnet.

This different IP/subnet is distributed because of configuration option named dev TUN or TAP.
    I don't remember exactly but one of them (I think it was TAP, that can only be used by non mobile devices) and TUN can be used by all devices but it comes with different IP/subnet.

OVPN plugin gives only TUN configuration (can not be modified in plugin options), which is better IMHO 'coz I use it on my PC and mobile also.

Don't want to lie but as far as I remember TAP creates virtual network adapter which can not be created on mobile devices.
    You can read about it here:
    https://community.openvpn.net/…n/wiki/BridgingAndRouting
    and
    https://openvpn.net/index.php/…/documentation/howto.html

@EDIT
    If you want to work remotely use those settings I've pointed upper and then:
    On Windows map network drive as f.e. Z:
    \\your-server-internal-ip\share-you-want-to-map
    \\your-server-internal-ip\share-you-want-to-map2
    Check option map on recconect and map with different credentials
    For credentials use DOMAIN\user and provide users passwd
    DOMAIN is that what you have pointed in System>Network>General>Domain name in your OMV WebUI
    If you don't give domain when mapping you will need to provide credentials every time.

Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
    Don't ask me via PM!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von kawu2 ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!