Radarr and Sonarr both giving errors about mono version

• OMV 3.x
    • Radarr and Sonarr both giving errors about mono version

When using both the Radarr and Sonarr plugins I get errors about the version of mono installed.

With Radarr I get,

mono version is less than 3.10, upgrade for improved stability

and with Sonarr, I get

You are running an old and unsupported version of Mono. Please upgrade Mono for improved stability.

Is there a way for me upgrade the version of mono I have installed on openmediavault?

When I run mono --version, I get

Source Code

1. root@openmediavault:~# mono --version
      2. Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-10)
      3. Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
      4. TLS: __thread
      5. SIGSEGV: altstack
      6. Notifications: epoll
      7. Architecture: amd64
      8. Disabled: none
      9. Misc: softdebug
      10. LLVM: supported, not enabled.
      11. GC: sgen
      Display All
    • quick fix: Run both as docker images, works perfectly.

I personally uses linuxservers images, as one can use UID and GIDs from OMV easily. I have my setup with a "docker" user (Example GID 1000 and UID 1000) so all my linuxserver docker images get this UID and GID. It is then easy to controll folderaccess.

Use with host network interface, then you will not have any trouble with ports and IP adress settings, it will be like using regular plug in
    • The problem here is, Debian Jessie has an INREDIBLY old version of Mono in the repos, and there is no backport. This did not become a problem until recently, and I think (but I'm not sure) it coincided with the removal of the mono repo. This won't noticeably impact anyone who currently has mono installed from the Xamarin repos that I think it added, they just won't get updates to Mono. But a fresh install with the latest OMV-Extras without the Mono repo will likely result in broken Sonarr/Radarr.

I fixed this temporarily by adding the Xamarin Mono repo (sudo echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list from the CLI), which updated everything and solved the conflicts. I did get an error with libgdiplus that the only way I could fix it was downloading the old libjpeg8 Wheezy package and manually installing it, so that libgdiplus could then be installed on top of it.

I hate to do it because I know he's got a lot of stuff going on, but going to tag @ryecoaaron. Ryecoaaron, can this be explained by the removal of the Mono repos from the OMV-Extras plugin? I know that I had Mono 3.12 installed - there was a discussion on it in my post history - previously, and since Jessie's highest version is 3.2.8, it had to come from somewhere.
    • wolffstarr wrote:

can this be explained by the removal of the Mono repos from the OMV-Extras plugin?
      There were no plugins in the mono repos. So, I figured they worked with the Debian version of mono. I try to keep the number of external repos (non-OMV/Debian) to a minimum and like to keep as many users on the same library versions to make supporting easier.

wolffstarr wrote:

I know that I had Mono 3.12 installed
      I'm sure you had the mono repos enabled before I removed them and that would've installed all mono packages from mono-project.

I need to re-work how external repos are added to omv-extras. My current method is hard to maintain. I will say that this problem comes up every time the Debian version OMV is using starts to get old. Apps not in the Debian repos don't stay on older libraries. That is also the problem with plugins that download the latest version.

Temporarily, just add the mono-project repo to omv-extras as a custom repo. No need to use the command line.
      omv 4.0.11 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.13 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.0
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Hey all,
      I'm using Sonarr and Radarr plugins from the beginning and no errors. I keep my machine updated all the time.
      Maybe there is something in your OS, but I'm pretty sure plugins are working fine all the time with all updates I've made until today :)
      Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
      Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
      Memory: 4GB RAM
      OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
      Don't ask me via PM!
    • kawu2 wrote:

Hey all,
      I'm using Sonarr and Radarr plugins from the beginning and no errors. I keep my machine updated all the time.
      Maybe there is something in your OS, but I'm pretty sure plugins are working fine all the time with all updates I've made until today :)
      See Ryecoaaron's post from an hour before yours. This only comes up on new installs since the removal of the Mono repos. If you were running Sonarr prior to that, you would never have seen it.
    • Yup, I use OMV 3 from the beginning, also installed it on old Jessie release so you have a point :) I will not face this issue.
      Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
      Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
      Memory: 4GB RAM
      OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
      Don't ask me via PM!
    • SimonW500 wrote:

Update: now "http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian jessie main" seems to work fine.

However.. any thoughts on getting this back into the automatic setup, somehow?
      I added this to the OMV-Extras under Repo:
      download.mono-project.com/repo/debian jessie main

Should I do anything else?

After this I did an Apt-clean and Update.
      Then went to Update manager, pressed Check and selected all and pressed update.

This is the result:

Source Code

1. Reading package lists...
      2. Building dependency tree...
      3. >>> *************** Error ***************
      4. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" install binutils cli-common libgdiplus libmono-accessibility4.0-cil libmono-cairo4.0-cil libmono-cecil-private-cil libmono-cil-dev libmono-codecontracts4.0-cil libmono-compilerservices-symbolwriter4.0-cil libmono-corlib2.0-cil libmono-corlib4.0-cil libmono-corlib4.5-cil libmono-cscompmgd0.0-cil libmono-csharp4.0c-cil libmono-custommarshalers4.0-cil libmono-data-tds4.0-cil libmono-db2-1.0-cil libmono-debugger-soft2.0a-cil libmono-debugger-soft4.0a-cil libmono-http4.0-cil libmono-i18n-cjk4.0-cil libmono-i18n-mideast4.0-cil libmono-i18n-other4.0-cil libmono-i18n-rare4.0-cil libmono-i18n-west4.0-cil libmono-i18n2.0-cil libmono-i18n4.0-all libmono-i18n4.0-cil libmono-ldap4.0-cil libmono-management4.0-cil libmono-messaging-rabbitmq4.0-cil libmono-messaging4.0-cil libmono-microsoft-build-engine4.0-cil libmono-microsoft-build-framework4.0-cil libmono-microsoft-build-tasks-v4.0-4.0-cil libmono-microsoft-build-utilities-v4.0-4.0-cil libmono-microsoft-build4.0-cil libmono-microsoft-csharp4.0-cil libmono-microsoft-visualc10.0-cil libmono-microsoft-web-infrastructure1.0-cil libmono-oracle4.0-cil libmono-parallel4.0-cil libmono-peapi4.0a-cil libmono-posix4.0-cil libmono-rabbitmq4.0-cil libmono-relaxng4.0-cil libmono-security4.0-cil libmono-sharpzip4.84-cil libmono-simd4.0-cil libmono-smdiagnostics0.0-cil libmono-sqlite4.0-cil libmono-system-componentmodel-composition4.0-cil libmono-system-componentmodel-dataannotations4.0-cil libmono-system-configuration-install4.0-cil libmono-system-configuration4.0-cil libmono-system-core4.0-cil libmono-system-data-datasetextensions4.0-cil libmono-system-data-entity4.0-cil libmono-system-data-linq2.0-cil libmono-system-data-linq4.0-cil libmono-system-data-services-client4.0-cil libmono-system-data-services4.0-cil libmono-system-data4.0-cil libmono-system-deployment4.0-cil libmono-system-design4.0-cil libmono-system-drawing-design4.0-cil libmono-system-drawing4.0-cil libmono-system-dynamic4.0-cil libmono-system-enterpriseservices4.0-cil libmono-system-identitymodel-selectors4.0-cil libmono-system-identitymodel4.0-cil libmono-system-io-compression-filesystem4.0-cil libmono-system-io-compression4.0-cil libmono-system-json-microsoft4.0-cil libmono-system-json4.0-cil libmono-system-ldap-protocols4.0-cil libmono-system-ldap4.0-cil libmono-system-management4.0-cil libmono-system-messaging4.0-cil libmono-system-net-http-formatting4.0-cil libmono-system-net-http-webrequest4.0-cil libmono-system-net-http4.0-cil libmono-system-net4.0-cil libmono-system-numerics-vectors4.0-cil libmono-system-numerics4.0-cil libmono-system-reactive-core2.2-cil libmono-system-reactive-debugger2.2-cil libmono-system-reactive-experimental2.2-cil libmono-system-reactive-interfaces2.2-cil libmono-system-reactive-linq2.2-cil libmono-system-reactive-observable-aliases0.0-cil libmono-system-reactive-platformservices2.2-cil libmono-system-reactive-providers2.2-cil libmono-system-reactive-runtime-remoting2.2-cil libmono-system-reactive-windows-forms2.2-cil libmono-system-reactive-windows-threading2.2-cil libmono-system-reflection-context4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-durableinstancing4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-serialization-formatters-soap4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime-serialization4.0-cil libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil libmono-system-runtime4.0-cil libmono-system-security4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel-activation4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel-discovery4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel-internals0.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel-routing4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel-web4.0-cil libmono-system-servicemodel4.0a-cil libmono-system-serviceprocess4.0-cil libmono-system-threading-tasks-dataflow4.0-cil libmono-system-transactions4.0-cil libmono-system-web-abstractions4.0-cil libmono-system-web-applicationservices4.0-cil libmono-system-web-dynamicdata4.0-cil libmono-system-web-extensions-design4.0-cil libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil libmono-system-web-http-selfhost4.0-cil libmono-system-web-http-webhost4.0-cil libmono-system-web-http4.0-cil libmono-system-web-mobile4.0-cil libmono-system-web-mvc1.0-cil libmono-system-web-mvc2.0-cil libmono-system-web-mvc3.0-cil libmono-system-web-razor2.0-cil libmono-system-web-regularexpressions4.0-cil libmono-system-web-routing4.0-cil libmono-system-web-services4.0-cil libmono-system-web-webpages-deployment2.0-cil libmono-system-web-webpages-razor2.0-cil libmono-system-web-webpages2.0-cil libmono-system-web2.0-cil libmono-system-web4.0-cil libmono-system-windows-forms-datavisualization4.0a-cil libmono-system-windows-forms4.0-cil libmono-system-windows4.0-cil libmono-system-workflow-activities4.0-cil libmono-system-workflow-componentmodel4.0-cil libmono-system-workflow-runtime4.0-cil libmono-system-xaml4.0-cil libmono-system-xml-linq4.0-cil libmono-system-xml-serialization4.0-cil libmono-system-xml4.0-cil libmono-system2.0-cil libmono-system4.0-cil libmono-tasklets2.0-cil libmono-tasklets4.0-cil libmono-wcf3.0a-cil libmono-webbrowser4.0-cil libmono-webmatrix-data4.0-cil libmono-windowsbase4.0-cil libmono-winforms2.0-cil libmono-xbuild-tasks4.0-cil libmono2.0-cil mergerfs mono-4.0-gac mono-gac mono-runtime mono-runtime-common mono-runtime-sgen openmediavault-letsencrypt 2>&1' with exit code '100': Reading package lists...
      5. Building dependency tree...
      6. Reading state information...
      7. libmono-debugger-soft2.0a-cil is already the newest version.
      8. libmono-debugger-soft2.0a-cil set to manually installed.
      9. libmono-i18n2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      10. libmono-i18n2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      11. libmono-system-data-linq2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      12. libmono-system-data-linq2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      13. libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      14. libmono-system-runtime2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      15. libmono-system-web-mvc1.0-cil is already the newest version.
      16. libmono-system-web-mvc1.0-cil set to manually installed.
      17. libmono-system-web-mvc2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      18. libmono-system-web-mvc2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      19. libmono-system-web2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      20. libmono-system-web2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      21. libmono-tasklets2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      22. libmono-tasklets2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      23. libmono-wcf3.0a-cil is already the newest version.
      24. libmono-wcf3.0a-cil set to manually installed.
      25. libmono-winforms2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      26. libmono-winforms2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      27. libmono2.0-cil is already the newest version.
      28. libmono2.0-cil set to manually installed.
      29. Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
      30. requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
      31. distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
      32. or been moved out of Incoming.
      33. The following information may help to resolve the situation:
      34. The following packages have unmet dependencies:
      35. libmono-debugger-soft2.0a-cil : Depends: libmono-cecil-private-cil (< 3.2.9) but 5.4.0.201-0xamarin10+debian8b1 is to be installed
      36. Depends: mono-runtime (< 3.2.9) but 5.4.0.201-0xamarin10+debian8b1 is to be installed
      37. libmono-i18n2.0-cil : Depends: mono-runtime (< 3.2.9) but 5.4.0.201-0xamarin10+debian8b1 is to be installed
      38. libmono-system-web2.0-cil : Depends: mono-runtime (< 3.2.9) but 5.4.0.201-0xamarin10+debian8b1 is to be installed
      39. libmono-tasklets2.0-cil : Depends: mono-runtime (< 3.2.9) but 5.4.0.201-0xamarin10+debian8b1 is to be installed
      40. E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
      41. <<< *************************************
      Display All
      What is wrong? This message keeps repeating.
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest