Radarr and Sonarr both giving errors about mono version

• When using both the Radarr and Sonarr plugins I get errors about the version of mono installed.

With Radarr I get,

mono version is less than 3.10, upgrade for improved stability

and with Sonarr, I get

You are running an old and unsupported version of Mono. Please upgrade Mono for improved stability.

Is there a way for me upgrade the version of mono I have installed on openmediavault?

When I run mono --version, I get

• quick fix: Run both as docker images, works perfectly.

I personally uses linuxservers images, as one can use UID and GIDs from OMV easily. I have my setup with a "docker" user (Example GID 1000 and UID 1000) so all my linuxserver docker images get this UID and GID. It is then easy to controll folderaccess.

Use with host network interface, then you will not have any trouble with ports and IP adress settings, it will be like using regular plug in

• The problem here is, Debian Jessie has an INREDIBLY old version of Mono in the repos, and there is no backport. This did not become a problem until recently, and I think (but I'm not sure) it coincided with the removal of the mono repo. This won't noticeably impact anyone who currently has mono installed from the Xamarin repos that I think it added, they just won't get updates to Mono. But a fresh install with the latest OMV-Extras without the Mono repo will likely result in broken Sonarr/Radarr.

I fixed this temporarily by adding the Xamarin Mono repo (sudo echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list from the CLI), which updated everything and solved the conflicts. I did get an error with libgdiplus that the only way I could fix it was downloading the old libjpeg8 Wheezy package and manually installing it, so that libgdiplus could then be installed on top of it.

I hate to do it because I know he's got a lot of stuff going on, but going to tag @ryecoaaron. Ryecoaaron, can this be explained by the removal of the Mono repos from the OMV-Extras plugin? I know that I had Mono 3.12 installed - there was a discussion on it in my post history - previously, and since Jessie's highest version is 3.2.8, it had to come from somewhere.

• Offizieller Beitrag

can this be explained by the removal of the Mono repos from the OMV-Extras plugin?

There were no plugins in the mono repos. So, I figured they worked with the Debian version of mono. I try to keep the number of external repos (non-OMV/Debian) to a minimum and like to keep as many users on the same library versions to make supporting easier.

I know that I had Mono 3.12 installed

I'm sure you had the mono repos enabled before I removed them and that would've installed all mono packages from mono-project.

I need to re-work how external repos are added to omv-extras. My current method is hard to maintain. I will say that this problem comes up every time the Debian version OMV is using starts to get old. Apps not in the Debian repos don't stay on older libraries. That is also the problem with plugins that download the latest version.

Temporarily, just add the mono-project repo to omv-extras as a custom repo. No need to use the command line.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hey all,
    I'm using Sonarr and Radarr plugins from the beginning and no errors. I keep my machine updated all the time.
    Maybe there is something in your OS, but I'm pretty sure plugins are working fine all the time with all updates I've made until today :)

Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
    Don't ask me via PM!

• Hey all,
    I'm using Sonarr and Radarr plugins from the beginning and no errors. I keep my machine updated all the time.
    Maybe there is something in your OS, but I'm pretty sure plugins are working fine all the time with all updates I've made until today :)

See Ryecoaaron's post from an hour before yours. This only comes up on new installs since the removal of the Mono repos. If you were running Sonarr prior to that, you would never have seen it.

• Yup, I use OMV 3 from the beginning, also installed it on old Jessie release so you have a point :) I will not face this issue.

Debian 8.6 Jessie + OMV 3.0.latest Kernel: Linux 4.8.0-0.bpo.2-amd64
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400@3GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    OS-HDD: Samsung SSD 120 GB +LVM

Full media and download center configured.

BIG and special thanks for OMV-Extras team for great plug-ins (especially: TeamSpeak, VirtualBox, Sonarr, Radarr, and rest I use :))

------------------------------

Wise guy don't know everything, he can search or ask!
    Don't ask me via PM!

• You should be able to add "http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian wheezy main" as the repo to fix the issue. Yes, Wheezy. The Jessie repo doesn't have much of anything in it, which is really irritating.

• Update: now "http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian jessie main" seems to work fine.

However.. any thoughts on getting this back into the automatic setup, somehow?

I added this to the OMV-Extras under Repo:
    http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian jessie main

Should I do anything else?

After this I did an Apt-clean and Update.
    Then went to Update manager, pressed Check and selected all and pressed update.

This is the result:

What is wrong? This message keeps repeating.

• Hello,

+1 with the same issue with Sonarr and fresh OMV3 install.

I have added the new package in my /etc/apt/sources.list:

Code
    deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian jessie main
    deb-src http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian jessie main

But then... when trying to update/upgrade from GUI, I get this error:

• Hi @ryecoaaron, sorry to bother you again, it's just I am still facing issues from the OMV2 upgrade... I am seeing this one is already identifyed.

Could you tell us why adding the "mono" repo is not allowing us to "upgrade"?

Quoting you:

I need to re-work how external repos are added to omv-extras. My current method is hard to maintain. I will say that this problem comes up every time the Debian version OMV is using starts to get old. Apps not in the Debian repos don't stay on older libraries. That is also the problem with plugins that download the latest version.

Temporarily, just add the mono-project repo to omv-extras as a custom repo. No need to use the command line.

Did you have time to improve something?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you tell us why adding the "mono" repo is not allowing us to "upgrade"?

Other than I wish people wouldn't use the mono-project repos? I honestly don't remember. The mono packages are available in the Debian repos. Yes, they are older. If a program needs newer mono versions, I really think a docker is the best place to do that.

Did you have time to improve something?

Considering I wrote that post almost eight months ago and I haven't changed anything should tell you something :) I guarantee I won't be adding mono repos back to the list or changing anything other than minor minor things for the OMV 3.x version. I want to improve it for OMV 4.x but I don't have any good ideas yet.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Other than I wish people wouldn't use the mono-project repos? I honestly don't remember. The mono packages are available in the Debian repos. Yes, they are older. If a program needs newer mono versions, I really think a docker is the best place to do that.

Considering I wrote that post almost eight months ago and I haven't changed anything should tell you something :) I guarantee I won't be adding mono repos back to the list or changing anything other than minor minor things for the OMV 3.x version. I want to improve it for OMV 4.x but I don't have any good ideas yet.

Ok...
    I like having the plugins (at least the stable and important ones) in the OMV system and not the docker container... I kind of think it's better to consolidate and have control of my services and it allows to upgrade when there is and upgrade, etc...But could be a psicological thing, I won't argue with you on this as you are the master ^^
    I tested in docker and works well, even if I am under the impression it's more resource consumming...

That being said, I would like upgarade mono-project repos to have sonarr directly on OMV as I said. I will investigate further how to do it as apparently adding it to /apt/source.list does not work.... if you have any clue, appreciated.

UPDATE:

So I have followed this official debian procedure and worked well:
    http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-lin-debian

I hope I haven break anything else or compromised the OMV3 stability or future upgrades... In any case, Sonarr is not complaining anymore and my services seem ok.

Do you think I should keep the mono repo in my source.list or should I delete it now that I have updated the version?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tested in docker and works well, even if I am under the impression it's more resource consumming...

Docker consumes very little additional resources.

Do you think I should keep the mono repo in my source.list or should I delete it now that I have updated the version?

I would never put any non-debian repos in /etc/apt/sources.list. Adding it as a custom repo in omv-extras should work just fine.

Just to warn, sonarr will probably not have a plugin in OMV 4.x since the author thinks docker is the way to go.

• Docker consumes very little additional resources.

I would never put any non-debian repos in /etc/apt/sources.list. Adding it as a custom repo in omv-extras should work just fine.
    Just to warn, sonarr will probably not have a plugin in OMV 4.x since the author thinks docker is the way to go.

Well, adding it as a custom repo didn’t work for me and that’s why I added it to my souce.list. Is it better to remove it? I gues now Mono is updated I can safely remove it from my source.list and keep things lean as before?

• Offizieller Beitrag

adding it as a custom repo didn’t work for me and that’s why I added it to my souce.list

Then something was done wrong because omv-extras should create the same entry that you added to sources.list but in a different file.

Is it better to remove it?

If you remove it, you won't get updates. If you can't get it to work in omv-extras, just move the entry to its own file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

I gues now Mono is updated I can safely remove it from my source.list and keep things lean as before?

Installing mono is not keeping things lean :) That is another benefit of using docker - your omv install isn't bloated by mono.

• Then something was done wrong because omv-extras should create the same entry that you added to sources.list but in a different file.

If you remove it, you won't get updates. If you can't get it to work in omv-extras, just move the entry to its own file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

Installing mono is not keeping things lean :) That is another benefit of using docker - your omv install isn't bloated by mono.

Arf.... as usual you are making me change my mind on things I though I did well... lol
    So now I am thinking about restoring my clonezilla baseline, uninstall sonarr (yeah...it is in the baseline image) and then install docker with sonarr.
    If I follow that logic, I should also uninstall transmission an install it in docker right?

What do you think?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!