ZFS and iSCSI

• Hi guys,

I'm a longtime user of FreeNAS but have recently been drawn to OMV. I'm currently setting up a 16 Bay server for use with our VM infrastructure. I've had to go with OMV as I'm using a RocketRaid 3740a card and there are no FreeBSD drivers available.

What I'm trying to do create a ZFS raid Pool and then turn that into an ISCSI target. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

T

• Offizieller Beitrag

What I'm trying to do create a ZFS raid Pool and then turn that into an ISCSI target. Is this possible?

Not with the iscsitarget package that is in the Debian Jessie repos unless you install the 3.16 kernel (OMV 3 uses the backports 4.9 kernel by default). I haven't tried particular setup lately. You may want to try it in a VM first.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good to know that works :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hi,

Sorry to ressurect this old thread but i'm in the exact same situation. I have installed OMV 3 and kernel 3.16.0-4, installed zfs plugin, but i can't install the iscsi-target plugin;

If i try to install linux-headers-amd64 it says it needs a dependency; linux-headers-4.9.0-0.bpo.6-amd64 but it will not be installed.

Any input greatly apreciated!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you disable backports? This can be done in omv-extras.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!