OS Drive almost full due to Docker

• Hi there,

Currently running Erasmus (3.0.71) off a 8gb usb stick beautifully.

I have noticed over the last 3 weeks or so a steady reduction in disk space on the OS drive.
    I am running 2 docker containers (rutorrent and resilio) and I think that something in the containers folder is taking up more space (3.7gb of 8gb as below).

I ran

Code
    sudo du -hs /var/lib/docker/containers

3.7G    /var/lib/docker/containers

I'm really quite new to linux but my guess is it could be a log file. Is there an easy way to remove the log via the webui?
    I have tried looking in logs in the docker plugin in (on the webui) but omv crashes.

Many thanks in advance

Further investigation reveals it is the resilio-sync log file (about 3.7gb).

I got some info from the redhat website

Used the following to clear the contents of the log file (for the already running container)

Code
    cat /dev/null > /var/lib/docker/containers/CONTAINER_ID/CONTAINER_ID-json.log

I then have stopped and modified the docker container in the webui.

I have read also that I can restrict the log file size using the following to 50mb

Code
    --log-opt max-size=50m

I have added it as an extra argument for the container. Will let you know if it works :)

• Stumbled upon the same problem as of yesterday. I had recently installed resilio-sync via linuxserver.io docker container.

For me /var/lib/docker/containers was taking more than 12G, due to the resilio one.

I'm glad you found a solution, I will try to apply it on my setup.

Off topic question, why resilio-sync and not syncthing? Is it because of the load syncthing is putting on the server (my reason to try resilio-sync)?

• Let me know how you go.

• Just stumbled across this:

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Seemed related.

Version7.0-32 (Sandworm)
    ProcessorAMD EPYC 7302P 16-Core Processor
    KernelLinux 6.1.15-1-pve
    HardwareDell R7515
  • Just want to say thank you for finding this and sharing it.

I have 2 servers with 72GB SSD's for the OS's, and recently installed Resilio-Sync. The log files were over 68gb and maxed out my OS drives, not letting me access the webUI.

I FTP'd in to the servers and found the large log files and deleted. After I saw they were creating 500mb log files withing an hour I found your post.

just added this Argument to both docker containers and at 50mb they auto delete the log file and start over.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!