OS Drive almost full due to Docker

• OMV 3.x
    • OS Drive almost full due to Docker

Hi there,

Currently running Erasmus (3.0.71) off a 8gb usb stick beautifully.

I have noticed over the last 3 weeks or so a steady reduction in disk space on the OS drive.
      I am running 2 docker containers (rutorrent and resilio) and I think that something in the containers folder is taking up more space (3.7gb of 8gb as below).

I ran

Source Code

1. sudo du -hs /var/lib/docker/containers
      2. 3.7G /var/lib/docker/containers

I'm really quite new to linux but my guess is it could be a log file. Is there an easy way to remove the log via the webui?
      I have tried looking in logs in the docker plugin in (on the webui) but omv crashes.

Many thanks in advance

Further investigation reveals it is the resilio-sync log file (about 3.7gb).

I got some info from the redhat website

Used the following to clear the contents of the log file (for the already running container)

Source Code

1. cat /dev/null > /var/lib/docker/containers/CONTAINER_ID/CONTAINER_ID-json.log
      I then have stopped and modified the docker container in the webui.

I have read also that I can restrict the log file size using the following to 50mb

Source Code

1. --log-opt max-size=50m
      I have added it as an extra argument for the container. Will let you know if it works :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by iNTiGOD ().

• Stumbled upon the same problem as of yesterday. I had recently installed resilio-sync via linuxserver.io docker container.

For me /var/lib/docker/containers was taking more than 12G, due to the resilio one.

I'm glad you found a solution, I will try to apply it on my setup.

Off topic question, why resilio-sync and not syncthing? Is it because of the load syncthing is putting on the server (my reason to try resilio-sync)?
    • OS Drive almost full due to Docker

snow3461 wrote:

Stumbled upon the same problem as of yesterday. I had recently installed resilio-sync via linuxserver.io docker container.

For me /var/lib/docker/containers was taking more than 12G, due to the resilio one.

I'm glad you found a solution, I will try to apply it on my setup.

Off topic question, why resilio-sync and not syncthing? Is it because of the load syncthing is putting on the server (my reason to try resilio-sync)?

Let me know how you go.
    • Users Online 2

2 Guests

• Tags