Installation on Jetway 7F4K1G5-LF System.

• Hello Forum,

after a my test's of OMV in an VM i tryed to install OMV 0.4 i386 on my MiniITX Bord Jetway 7F4K1G5.
    But i got it not working :-(...

I have tryed from CD, USB, CF-Card and alway's i get only the line

ISOLINUX 4.02 .............

and than nothing happens.

Any thing I can do?

mfg

Klaus

• I have the same Problem with OMV 0.3 i386.

After some test's i found out, that when i remove the 4GB CF card where i like to install OMV on it.
    The installation is running...

How can I use the CF Card as System Disk on the IDE Bus?

• I found the Problem inside of the IDE CF Adapteur.
    The DMA connections are missing.

After Connect CF Pin 43 to IDE Pin 21 and Disconnect CF Pin 44 and than connect CF Pin 44 to IDE Pin 29
    OMV installation is starting.

An Option for disapling DMA Mode inside of the Linux Kernel is missing on the OMV Installation.

• Zitat von "dr.dotti"

I found the Problem inside of the IDE CF Adapteur.
    The DMA connections are missing.

After Connect CF Pin 43 to IDE Pin 21 and Disconnect CF Pin 44 and than connect CF Pin 44 to IDE Pin 29
    OMV installation is starting.

An Option for disapling DMA Mode inside of the Linux Kernel is missing on the OMV Installation.

What Tekkbebe wrote and ...

:shock: What a amazing piece of tinkering to get something to work, that you should not use anyhow. :shock:
    Do not get me wrong, I am really amazed that you found a hardware workaround, but you should really consider to build in a small SSD as the OS disk.

OMV is as today not optimized in any way for flash disks and therefore kills the USB sticks and CF cards in very short amount of time.

Everything is possible, sometimes it requires Google to find out how.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!