Is there a way to confirm an installation?

• I've been using version 2 of OMV for over a year now and recently had to make some hardware changes so I decided to install OMV 3. I initially tried to upgrade from 2 to 3 but that didn't work so instead of trying to mess around, i just did a fresh install of OMV 3. The first thing i went to do was install updates but i got a bunch of error messages which got me wondering if my install was broken.

Is there some command to run that checks your installation and makes sure it has installed properly? What can you do if your updates say they will break other things and don't run? Is there some reason why you can't run commands from the web admin page rather than having to go around and use something like putty?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there some command to run that checks your installation and makes sure it has installed properly?

Normally the screen will tell you if it installed properly. The Diagnostics -> System Information -> Report tab gives you a lot of info about packages that are installed.

What can you do if your updates say they will break other things and don't run?

Depends on the error. What do you do when a Windows update breaks things?

Is there some reason why you can't run commands from the web admin page rather than having to go around and use something like putty?

You can if you are creative (scheduled jobs tab). But running something meant for the command line is best done from the command line.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I got it sorted out I think, just reinstalled and worked slowly through the updates rather than trying to run them all at once. As to my last question, is there not a way to have a command line panel in the webui so you can enter commands from within?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!