ASRock E3C224D2I

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is just for discussing this MB about issues, questions or problems. Is a reasonably priced MB on the 1150 platform with IPMI/BMC included.

I know only one user that has is @micsaund has one

This is a bash script I use launching the KVM remote console utility (jviewer) using bash in OSX. Save in your script folder and make it executable

In osx i can create an applescript with one line

do shell script "/Users/username/Documents/scripts/javaconsole.sh"

save it as an application into /Applications with a convenient name to launch from spotlight.

Using the SOL (serial over lan) console

A simple bash alias in ~/.bash_profile

alias sol_server="ipmitool -H 10.10.2.3 -U admin -P the_password -I lanplus sol activate"

In this case the SOL tty is ttyS1 (ttyS0 is COM), just make sure you activate the systemd unit and point it out in the grub serial console if you want to access the grub menu and the boot sequence including login.

More than welcome if someone want's to contribute on how to launch it from windows

• For my Asrock C2550D4I Board I am using MobaXterm with the Cygutils-plugin to connect to the SOL from Windows. The Cygutils-plugin is used to run ipmitool.

It works fine. I am able to see the boot process and have access to the Bios settings. I did this because the built-in Java console is annoying to get it loaded and got issues with the Java version. With MobaXterm it´s only a double click in Windows.

There were a lot of things to configure:

• Activate SOL in the motherboard BIOS
    • Configure grub to output the console messages to the tty
    • Get familiar with the ipmitool syntax
    • Configure ipmitool within MobaXterm and CygUtils
    • and some more

Some times ago I have intended to write a small guide but I am not sure if this is of interest for someone.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo () aus folgendem Grund: Typo

• You can install ipmitool with brew install ipmitool

But the 'brew'-command is only valid for OSX, right?

ipmitool -H 10.10.2.3 -U admin -P password -I lanplus sol activate

I think I used quite the same command when running ipmitool in MobaXTerm/Cygutils-plugin.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!