Cannot "Add sharded folder" when clicking on "Add share" for SMB/CIFS Shares

• Using OMV 3.0.74, and when clicking under the SMB/CIFS setup window, and then select the "Shares" panel, and click on "+ Add", and then under the pop-up window with title "Add share", select the "Shared folder" line, I can select the "+" sign where in another pop-up window with title "Add shared folder" comes up.

I then use under line "Name", the same shared folder name that I used before, select under "Device" the same device name as before, and under "Path", I use a different path name than used before (thus I want to change the base path of the disk to share).

When clicking on the "Save" button,I'm getting the following pop-up window with title "Error" containing the following error message:

The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' is not unique. An object with the property 'name' and value 'data01' already exists

When clicking on "Show details", I'm getting the following:

Error #0: exception 'OMV\AssertException' with message 'The configuration object 'conf.system.sharedfolder' is not unique. An object with the property 'name' and value 'data01' already exists.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:480 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc(279): OMV\Config\Database->assertIsUnique(Object(OMV\Config\ConfigObject), 'name') #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->set(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array) #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1) #5 {main}

I can repeat these steps many times, and am getting the same error message pop-up window :(

How can I overwrite the shard folder configuration, or how can I delete and recreate a new one?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can not create shared folders twice. If you already created that shared folder then you should be able to use it for sharing with different services. If you already shared it via SMB then you can not create a second share.

• Thank you for the feedback. I did not yet share the folder yet, albeit I created the share by mistakenly providing a "Path" that I do not want to have for use.

Thus, I wanted to overwrite the entry under "Path", however overwriting the setup does not seem to be possible. Yet, it comes back with the previous value for "Path".

I deleted the share configuration, and wanted to create a new one, however always comes with the last setup, and does not allow me to overwrite the "Path" field contents.

Thus, not sure if I missed a step here or whether there's a way to remove this share setup (that is not used for any other service yet).

• Looks like I've found the solution: Need to go in the navigation panel to "Access Rights Management" and then "Shared Folder" and delete the setup from there. Then I can restart again with the same steps as described above.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!