Recommended Greyhole replacement?

• I finally decided to upgrade to 3.x so that i can update Plex. The main thing holding me back is lack of Greyhole support. Which plugin would you recommend to use in place of Greyhole? I'm looking for something that is just as easy to setup.

Thanks

• You'll need to move at least one drive's worth of data to your other drives. SnapRAID needs the biggest drive in your set for parity. Depending on how many drives you have, you may want to use more than one drive as your parity disk. Data on the other drives should be fine depending on the format of them. You just have to mount them in OMV after you've installed 3.x. In the SnapRAID configuration, you have to select what drives will be your data and parity drives as well as selecting which devices will hold SnapRAID's content files which it uses to index files on your machine for diff and scrub to work properly (I tend to use all drives to be safe). After that, you can start a sync and when that's finished you can setup the prebuilt script in the plugin to setup a daily job to sync the difference and scrub on a weekly basis.

I'd recommend reading up the SnapRAID manual to be more informed. You can ignore the pooling part as that will be handled by the Union File Systems plugin. With that, you just select the data drives and only the data drives and it will create a new common mountpoint. While creating the pool you can change options there for your needs. You can read up at trapexit's Github for the options but generally it can be left at default if you don't want to mess with anything.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!