Software to read data from disk if OMV crash

• I know this topic hasn't been updated for a long period but trying to restore from clonezilla backup, I realized that the system disk (SSD in my case) needs to be same size as the previews one...
    Is there a way to have more flexibility on this?

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

• I know this topic hasn't been updated for a long period but trying to restore from clonezilla backup, I realized that the system disk (SSD in my case) needs to be same size as the previews one...

If I've understood what you're trying to do (and accomplish), I believe the target ssd can be equal to or larger than the drive that was backed up, but I've never used Clonezilla so can't be certain.

(Assuming the above is true, and that's a big assumption, the end result is likely that the ssd isn't being used to capacity, but you should end up with a working system disk at least. And if so, I think there's a way to expand the partition to claim the unused space.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know this topic hasn't been updated for a long period but trying to restore from clonezilla backup, I realized that the system disk (SSD in my case) needs to be same size as the previews one...

You can also clone from a larger drive to a smaller one. Just make sure there is enough space on the smaller drive for all the date and disable the option in the expert settings to perform the size checking before cloning ("-icds" option).

• You can also clone from a larger drive to a smaller one. Just make sure there is enough space on the smaller drive for all the date and disable the option in the expert settings to perform the size checking before cloning ("-icds" option).

Thank you for this answer! I dind't know about this option! Do you mean "disable the option" before cloning for the the backup (saving the disk?) or "disable the option" before restoring to the new smaller disk?

I though the only option, what I actually do, was to use "gparted" to shrink the partition before saving it and then clone it to a smaller drive... Your method seems easyer!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!