BTRFS plugin will be available?

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• BTRFS plugin will be available?

Hi, i would know if is planned a BTRFS plugin to have some tools like:
      snapshots management, native raid, array expansion... maybe replication or restoring tools to handle disk or FS fails

directly on WebGUI, like ZFS have (i don't tested yet, so i don't know what tipe of tools inside zfs one, i just imagined)

is it possible to see in the near future or just in my dream? :whistling:
    • I don't know of any plans for more btrfs support than is already in the web interface. The fact that raid5/6 on btrfs isn't production ready doesn't help anything.
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ok, i understand the stalemate situation of raid5/6 is a big big problem to move the entire project to a business level, but i think there is a fat amount of OMV users which want only to store data in a simple way, like raid1 or 10

for what i've read until now Btrfs raid5/6 is not done yet, but will be in the future (or is in dubt this point?) so a easy management mask could be a big deal even now with raid1/10 setups

my 2 cents
    • Bal000, there is very easy to create and manage btrfs pools with cli. The only stumble point is subvolume and backup using subvolume replication and I am not sure that omv has those options for zfs either.
      If you want full btrfs support you might look into rockstore.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
      omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
      SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
      PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
      IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
      OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
      DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T
    • bal000 wrote:

so a easy management mask could be a big deal even now with raid1/10 setups
      I agree there should be a plugin but who is going to write it? I know I don't have time (or the btrfs experience) and all the btrfs I use are in the web interface already.
      omv 4.0.5 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.12 backports kernel | omvextrasorg 4.0.2
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!