Raspberry PI 3 OMV newest version omv partition resize

• Raspberry PI 3 OMV newest version omv partition resize

Hi,

I use OMV 3.073 (Erasmus) with my Raspberry PI 3. The partition of 3.18 GB gets smaller and smaller. Now I have only 54 MB free space. How can I resize the partition?
      I use a 16 GB SD card and I have approximately 11 GB free disk space. I have tried to change the partition with GPARTED and win tools, but I can´t resize the OMV

partition. Can I resize it via fdisk, or is this a problem? Is there anybody here to help a OMV Newbie?

Thanks and regards
    • Let me guess...You have plex installed?

If you boot gparted-live, you will need to shrink and move the third partition. Then you should be able to grow the size of the second partition.
      omv 4.1.19 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • kenny_g wrote:

Is this a problem with OMV?
      It isn't a problem with OMV but it can fill the OS partition if you use plex and have a large media collection. There isn't really a good solution for this since not every OMV RPi user uses Plex meaning they don't need/want a larger OS partition and want a larger third partition.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • kenny_g wrote:

Thanks for your response. Yes you are right, I have Plex installed. Is this a problem with OMV?

@new-omv-user raspi-config doesn´t work with other Raspberry images. This is a feature of Raspbian. I use the OMV Raspberry image. It´s based on debian also, but it doesn´t support this feature.

If you identify the folder growing with plex data, you could move it to another partition and leave a symbolic link to it. So you can preserve your OMV original partition.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
    • @

liv913 wrote:

kenny_g wrote:

Thanks for your response. Yes you are right, I have Plex installed. Is this a problem with OMV?

@new-omv-user raspi-config doesn´t work with other Raspberry images. This is a feature of Raspbian. I use the OMV Raspberry image. It´s based on debian also, but it doesn´t support this feature.
      If you identify the folder growing with plex data, you could move it to another partition and leave a symbolic link to it. So you can preserve your OMV original partition.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk
      Hi Liv913 I would say, the only part of Plex is the database who grows, isn´t it? But I have changed the database location on the harddrive. I tried to resize the third partition, but it doesn´t work. I use Partition Wizard Home. If I use Geparted I can´t see the SD Card anymore. I dont´t know why. My first access with GPARTED was no problem.

@ryecoaaron Do you have an info for me what I have to change?

Thanks for your help @all
    • kenny_g wrote:

Do you have an info for me what I have to change?
      You could try creating a symlink like liv913 mentioned. I don't use plex myself.