unable to unmount filesystem over raid0 device

• I currently installed OMV 3.0.74.
    OS is on a SSD with 2 additional partitions and there are 3 raid0 devices (2 disks each, all WD RED & same model).
    I have changed the installation by removing 1 raid0 device successfully.
    The disks from this removed raid0 device were then used successfully to create one encrypted device over my third raid0 device, which is similar to removed raid device (just a different name to avoid confusion).

My plan was to next remove another raid0 device, and then create another encrypted device over new raid0 device (on these same disks).

However I am facing some errors that I cannot remedy with my own skills. Could someone read through my troubles and explain what options I might have regarding configuration through webmin and ssh root access?

I believe the most serious error manifests itself by the following error message when I click "unmount" on the filesystem to be removed:

I am NOT an experienced linux user, but I am able to find and edit some of the most common configuration files through ssh. However I do not understand every parameter in fstab, and I couldn't quickly find the relevant parameters from config.xml. As far as I understand, the content of fstab is completely fine, as if the "unmount" button had done its job there. Here's my fstab:

I have tried to troubleshoot this by reading about other people's problems on forum.
    I eventually tried out different things (with several server reboots).
    Here's a brief summary of my actions:

• I tried to find and remove all references to this filesystem from webmin. I looked everywhere and eventually completely disabled smb and nfs processes, smart, shared folders.
    • I read somewhere that other processes / plugins may have something to do with access to filesystems, so I went and uninstalled some unconfured and unused plugins (plex, snapraid, rsync, virtualbox, maybe others).
    • As I haven't progressed at all regarding the unmount error, I foolishly resorted to more drastic measures. I have tried to directly delete the mounted filesystem several times. Webmin always asks 2 confirmations, and no errors, but I didn't notice any change to to the mounted filesystem no matter what. I got frustrated and decided to go further. I went to raid management in webmin to identify the "physical disks" involved in this raid0 device. I then "wiped" these disks through webmin. When I wiped one of these disks, webmin informed me of some problem with structures on disk (I of course ignored this). After wiping both disks on this raid0 device, I wrongly assumed that the problematic filesystem on this raid0 device would cease to exist. Unaware I proceeded creating a differently named raid0 device over these same disks (currently "raid2b" on unmount error text above). At this point OMV was smarter than I am, and the problematic filesystem (currently "b") was automagically resurrected over new raid0 device (currently "md4").

Now I feel completely clueless. Does anyone have good tips on how to properly get rid of unmountable filesystem and re-use the same disks? Known forum posts, anything? (I have looked at several posts on forum, but the users have been more knowledgeable and not disclosed what they fixed)

Removing the disks physically from the server is not an option, and I would prefer to avoid accessing the served directly through monitor and keyboard.

If possible, I would prefer not reinstall OMV, but if that is the best option, how do I secure the data on my 2 other encrypted raid0 devices? The idea of reinstall does not please me, but I noticed that the removal of my plugins may have not been entirely successful as they remain on webmin menu and currently webmin immediately complains about virtualbox RPC when I login.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!