New OMV UI

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Me too!
      I just updated my OMV via phone and discovered the new design and was pleased at once!

He, speaking about GUI + phone: Would it be a big deal to have a somewhat responsive WebGUI (something like I have when logging in to my Fritzbox maybe?)?
      I have a 5,9" phone and it is still very difficult (if not impossible) to see everything.
      Erasmus 3.0.89

running on

Mobo:Asus H87I-Plus (C2) Socket 1150
      RAM: 4GB (1x 4096MB) Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1600 DIMM CL11 Single
      CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 2x 3.00GHz So.1150 BOX
      PS: 300 Watt be quiet! System Power 7 Bulk Non-Modular 80+ Bronze
      Data: 2x 4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX
      Case: Chenbro SR30169 mini ITX (4 bay) - removed that crappy backplane! :D
      ...............................................................................................
      Ubuntu since 10.04 - learned a lot, but not enough yet...
    • some screenshots for users that still are not updated:
      Images
      • 1.jpg

15.14 kB, 394×270, viewed 297 times
      • 2.jpg

112.78 kB, 804×884, viewed 421 times
      • 3.jpg

88.86 kB, 1,331×793, viewed 389 times
      • 4.jpg

153.79 kB, 1,060×800, viewed 389 times
      OMV 3.0.96 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ;
    • I'm loving the layout, but:
      - The grey text lacks contrasts and causes accessibility issues. This isn't a color issue, it's the weight (300)
      - Everything is too big, which sucks on a small screen laptop. Zooming out makes the contrast issue worse.

I suggest:
      - Set the text weight from 300 to 400 pretty much everywhere.
      - Set fieldset-header to #829bad instead of #919191
      - Reduce some of the cell spacing/padding by 1px

The post was edited 2 times, last by Nibb31 ().

• Nibb31 wrote:

I'm loving the layout, but:
      - The grey text lacks contrasts and causes accessibility issues. This isn't a color issue, it's the weight (300)
      - Everything is too big, which sucks on a small screen laptop. Zooming out makes the contrast issue worse.

I suggest:
      - Set the text weight from 300 to 400 pretty much everywhere.
      - Set fieldset-header to #829bad instead of #919191
      - Reduce some of the cell spacing/padding by 1px
      Done, see github.com/openmediavault/open…eaf2ae6b34a6696b33e65b7ac.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • votdev wrote:

Do we have to wait for a new OMV version to see the difference or can I apply this change manually somewhere?

I still have to get used to the new look & feel. Light grey on white, light blue on white ;(
      OMV 3.0.90 (Gray style)
      ASRock Rack C2550D4I - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1)- Fractal Design Node 304
    • I like the new design, but a little bit more of contrast would be great.

Greetings Hoppel
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend software - android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
      frontend hardware - nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2 | harmony smart control
      -------------------------------------------
      backend software - debian | kernel 4.4 lts | proxmox | openmediavault | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | vdr | vnsi | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x4tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • cabrio_leo wrote:

votdev wrote:

Do we have to wait for a new OMV version to see the difference or can I apply this change manually somewhere?
      I still have to get used to the new look & feel. Light grey on white, light blue on white ;(
      Yes, you can edit the file mentioned on that github page with nano. You login with SSH and edit: /var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-triton.css

BE SURE TO MAKE A COPY OF THIS FILE BEFORE EDITING IT, FOR SAFETY.

If you aren't familiar with the layout of a changed file in a repo, basically, you remove what is in pink-shaded text (and has the - sign at the start of each line) and then add the green-shaded code block lines with + at the start of each line, in the places indicated (making sure to remove the + symbols.

This should be what the changes end up looking like. I'm including only the changed section of the file:

/******************************************************************************/
      /* Corporate colors
      /* default: #98b7cf
      /* darker: #829bad
      /* more darker: #6c8191
      /******************************************************************************/
      /* Miscellaneous */
      .x-form-item-label-default,
      .x-form-cb-label-default,
      .x-form-text-default,
      .x-grid-item,
      .x-panel-body-default,
      .x-panel-header-title-default,
      .x-tree-node-text {
      font-weight: 400;
      }

/* Body */
      body > .x-mask {
      background-color: rgba(47, 52, 63, 0.5);
      }
      /* Form fieldset */
      .x-fieldset-header-default > .x-fieldset-header-text {
      color: #6c8191; /* more darker */
      }

I just did this, and it worked fine.
    • David B wrote:

Aux wrote:

In my opinion, the new gui is not nice and not practical....
      If I had seen before, would not make an update.
      What do you not like about it? I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just trying to understand how you think it falls short. The new design is not perfect, but it's a good start to overhauling OMV's appearance in my opinion.
      Okay maybe I was with my statement hard but at least honest. :)

The design is not nice because the columns are too large, the letters too small and everything seems cimically disproportionate.
      Since one could still wait with this publication until the skin has the correct proportions and mass.
      Is my opinion and certain some user will give me right