New OMV UI

• Offizieller Beitrag

I switched to the modern UI because the old gray one looks ugly and outdated in the current days. It is not possible to customize the Sencha ExtJS themes that much without buying the whole Sencha tool chain.

For all of you that do not want to use the new theme, i've added support to configure the theme via environment variable in 3.0.76. Add OMV_WEBUI_THEME=(triton|gray) to /etc/default/openmediavault to switch the default theme. After that you need to remove the cache files in /var/cache/openmediavault/cache*.json.

See https://github.com/openmediava…2c52eb6459f4135899f83c5cb.

To customize the theme you can also add the file /var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-custom.css with your own CSS code.

• If you aren't familiar with the layout of a changed file in a repo, basically, you remove what is in pink-shaded text (and has the - sign at the start of each line) and then add the green-shaded code block lines with + at the start of each line, in the places indicated (making sure to remove the + symbols.

@TheSidewinder: Thank you for explaining how the rules are to edit this file. At the moment I am using omv 3.0.74 again (restore from backup). But maybe I´ll give the new WebUi a second chance :)

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• For all of you that do not want to use the new theme, i've added support to configure the theme via environment variable in 3.0.76. Add OMV_WEBUI_THEME=(triton|gray) to /etc/default/openmediavault to switch the default theme. After that you need to remove the cache files in /var/cache/openmediavault/cache*.json.

See github.com/openmediavault/open…2c52eb6459f4135899f83c5cb.

To customize the theme you can also add the file /var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-custom.css with your own CSS code.

@votdev: I am not sure to understand you correctly.

With the environment variable I can switch back to the old WebUI design (This is meant with "default theme") Right?

And when I use the new theme then I can customize it by editing /var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-custom.css. Right?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

@votdev: I am not sure to understand you correctly.
    With the environment variable I can switch back to the old WebUI design (This is meant with "default theme") Right?

And when I use the new theme then I can customize it by editing /var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-custom.css. Right?

If you want to use the gray theme, then you should do the above workflow.

• If you need old theme in .75 replace /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc with that https://github.com/openmediava…/controlpanelabstract.inc
    and add variable OMV_WEBUI_THEME="gray" to /etc/default/openmediavault.
    Don't forget remove cache files "cache*.json" in /var/cache/openmediavault.

thanks a lot, works perfectly!

question - does this have to be done with every omv update?

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• gray theme is working on mine now, and for my screen is much better, but the omv-custom.css doesnt seem to be working, my customisations are not working since reverting

Code
    .login-page {
            background: #000000;
    }
    div#header {
     display: none;
    }

i have cleared my cache etc..

• Offizieller Beitrag

gray theme is working on mine now, and for my screen is much better, but the omv-custom.css doesnt seem to be working, my customisations are not working since reverting

Code
    .login-page {
    }
    div#header {
    }

New version, new file names :) Use theme-custom.css instead.

• You must use filename theme-custom.css and not omv-custom.css. I've just tried your css and it works in both themes (gray and triton).

gray theme is working on mine now, and for my screen is much better, but the omv-custom.css doesnt seem to be working, my customisations are not working since reverting

Code
    .login-page {
    }
    div#header {
    }

• Yes it works but I wasn't aware of the new file names, once votdev let me know I changed it and it's now back as it was.
    By the way, where can I keep up with the changes as above as I always look at the change log before updating but I definitely didn't see this mentioned.

Sent from my UMI SUPER using Tapatalk

• Yeah, very nice change - too cozy (spacing-wise) and grey though...

Heavier/darker font and less spacing would be perfect, but great job nonetheless!

Thanks!

OMV erasmus 3.0.90 | omv-extras 3.4.29 | Xeon E3 1225 | 8GB ECC RAM | 2x3 TB WD Red | 1.5 TB WD Green | 1TB HGST

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone know how I can get it back?

have a look at the top of this page (post 21) - sometimes it is that easy

• Hello Everyone honestly i think its terrible Font weight , Color Tables are to large to light version 3.0.72 was great looking anything after that is bad
    I use openmediavault in a enterprise solution on a very large scale environment and if it isnt changed soon im going to be forced to migrate to something else
    it is to hard on eyes to fill in the fields or editing them

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use openmediavault in a enterprise solution on a very large scale environment and if it isnt changed soon im going to be forced to migrate to something else it is to hard on eyes to fill in the fields or editing them

If you read votdev's post at the top of this page, not only can you customize the theme, you can add the value in the defaults file (/etc/default/openmediavault) to still use the old theme...

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!