Openmediavault application kept back from upgrade

• Resolved
    • OMV 3.x
    • Openmediavault application kept back from upgrade

I'm connected to my NAS box running OMV 3.0.74 under Raspbian, and am executing the usual commands:

sudo apt-get update ; sudo apt-get -y upgrade

and am getting the folliwng output:

Reading package lists... Done
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree
      Reading state information... Done
      Calculating upgrade... Done
      The following packages have been kept back:
      openmediavault
      0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Can reproduce again above output after a reboot of the box.

Seeing this kind of message the 1st time when doing an OMV update, not sure how to interprete this...
    • Openmediavault application kept back from upgrade

Did you try "apt-get dist-upgrade". If I remember right, I also had this with 3.0.74.

Greetings Hoppel
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      frontend software - android tv | libreelec | win10 | kodi krypton
      frontend hardware - nvidia shield tv | odroid c2 | yamaha rx-a1020 | quadral chromium style 5.1 | samsung le40-a789r2 | harmony smart control
      -------------------------------------------
      backend software - debian | kernel 4.4 lts | proxmox | openmediavault | zfs raid-z2 | docker | emby | vdr | vnsi | fhem
      backend hardware - supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x4tb wd red | digital devices max s8
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • Thnak you all for the suggestions, at the end I used the command:

sudo apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --auto-remove --allow-unauthenticated --show-upgraded --option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" dist-upgrade

which is the same command found in the "/usr/sbin/omv-update" script.

Thus, my version of OMV is now bumped up to version 3.0.75.1, and brings up a refreshed web GUI style...