OMV WebUI Dashboard incorrectly showing running services

• I'm testing OMV 3.x before migrating from my OLD NAS to OMV3. Installed every version from 3.0.2 to 3.0.74 from https://sourceforge.net/projec…mediavault/files/3.0beta/ and upgraded to 3.0.75.1 but only one version (3.0.2) shows correctly running services on WebUI Dashboard.

• I have recognised this behaviour also. The main question is, how is the relationship between "Enabled/Disabled" and "running / not running"?
    Does it mean, when a service is disabled in the WebUI than it is stopped immediately? In the past I disabled some OMV services in the WebUI but the CLI said that the service is currently running ?(

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I also had this behavior. Try the following for each affected service:

- enable the service -> save,
    - disable the service -> save.

This works for me.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Offizieller Beitrag

Enabled/disabled is based on the enabled field in the internal Omv db field(1 or 0). Running Or not running is based on the exit code reported by systemctl or service (old wheezy) command. So a service can be running and enabled (because of package install, like samba) and look disabled (in the db, thus the ui).
    This was common in Omv installs on top of Debian a few releases ago. I think is now fixed, otherwise as @hoppel118 suggests just click enable save-apply then disable save-apply again.

• I think is now fixed, otherwise as @hoppel118 suggests just click enable save-apply then disable save-apply again.

@subzero79, @hoppel118: Thanks, will try this the next time.

It´s a pity that it is not possible to enable /disable the service directly on the diagnostics->services->overview page, like it is possible in some othre nas distributions. This would be very convenient.
    The 'Enabled' colume gives the impression that the service status can also be changed here.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• This was common in Omv installs on top of Debian a few releases ago. I think is now fixed, otherwise as @hoppel118 suggests just click enable save-apply then disable save-apply again.

No, it's not fixed. I had a fresh install one week ago with omv3.0.74.iso. The behavior was still there. But for me it's not a problem at all.

Yes, I meant save-apply.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• It´s a pity that it is not possible to enable /disable the service directly on the diagnostics->services->overview page, like it is possible in some othre nas distributions. This would be very convenient.

Yes, that would be a nice feature. :)

• If running status is checked by exit code of systemctl is-active service, then exit code "unknown" may cause that behavior. Maybe it is better to parse the output of systemctl status service, because of correct output of status - Active: inactive (dead) or Active: active (running).

Except version 3.0.75.1 all screenshots made immediately after installation from OMV 3.0.x ISO and first login in OMV Web UI (not by installation OMV on top of Debian Jessie).

Enabled/disabled is based on the enabled field in the internal Omv db field(1 or 0). Running Or not running is based on the exit code reported by systemctl or service (old wheezy) command. So a service can be running and enabled (because of package install, like samba) and look disabled (in the db, thus the ui).
    This was common in Omv installs on top of Debian a few releases ago. I think is now fixed, otherwise as @hoppel118 suggests just click enable save-apply then disable save-apply again.

• From a UI design standpoint, the Enabled column should contain the same indicators as the Running column, not switches. Those switches imply that users can switch the services on and off, which they cannot.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!