HP Proliant Microserver gen 8 and USB ext. SSD/HDD i/o

• Hello,

1.Is there a way to make exchange of files between HP server and USB enclouser/housing connected directly to HP server on usb 2or3 port ??

2. Whether inside of OMV3(like internal "file browser" (like Finder-Mac,Windows File Explorer) ?
    OR
    3. Outside of OMV3 via AFP or CIFS/SMB?

• 1.Is there a way to make exchange of files between HP server and USB enclouser/housing connected directly to HP server on usb 2or3 port ??

Mount the USB drive in the WebUi, open SSH command shell, use e.g. Midnight Commander to copy files, unmount usb drive in WebUI.

2. Whether inside of OMV3(like internal "file browser" (like Finder-Mac,Windows File Explorer) ?

In OMV2 there was a plugin called 'eXtplorer' for file browsing, copying a.s.o. available, but this was never ported to OMV3. So indeed in OMV3 there is no internal file manager - at least I didn´t find one.

3. Outside of OMV3 via AFP or CIFS/SMB?

Thought, you are searching for an internal way to exchange files? Otherwise you can connect the usb drive to another PC, create a share on this PC. Then you can connect from OMV via "remotemount plugin" and mount the drive. Then go on with 'open SSH shell' from answer no 1.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• Thought, you are searching for an internal way to exchange files? Otherwise you can connect the usb drive to another PC, create a share on this PC. Then you can connect from OMV via "remotemount plugin" and mount the drive. Then go on with 'open SSH shell' from answer no 1.

Copying files from my laptom to HP Gen8 via AFP,/SMB is no problem at all.
    My question would rather be:

Is it possible to make ext.usb ssd visible directly connected on HP Gen8 via afp/smb on laptom file explorer?
    (like when i press OMV in file in file explorer,i see there shered maps but also mounted ext.usb ssd)

I hope this make more sense to understand my desire?!

Ps.I`m looking any possible way but i prefer GUI way!

TNX!

• Is it possible to make ext.usb ssd visible directly connected on HP Gen8 via afp/smb

Yes, I think so. Conntect the USB drive to the Gen 8. Then you should be able to see the drive in 'Storage-> File systems', where you then can mount it. Create a shared folder (ARM -> Shared Folders) and a CIFS/SMB share (Services-> SMB/CIFS) on this shared folder, create user, access rights and so on. Then you should be able to access all data of the usb disk via the samba share. Daily business.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!