Adding users in 3 - Comment from a Newbie

• As a newbie I thought I'd make this observation - Installed 3.0.63 image onto a Raspberry Pi 2 and then upgraded to 3.0.75.1

When adding a user in the webgui you see 4 fields - username, long name, email and password.
    Now for a while I could not add a user, after filling in the details, selecting save did nothing - tried many times
    The reason I could not add a user was due to the other fields of the "add user" window not being completed. :rolleyes:
    I know there's a scroll bar at the side but I think it might be a idea to either increase the initial window to 5 lines so that the confirm password line can be seen or that the window automatically scrolls to the missing date required line.
    In my case the confirm password was highlighted by a red boarder but is was hidden.

Obvious now but its a possible newbie trap

P.S. Also another observation - moving the mouse to the add users scroll bar (Right) around 25% on the left side the mouse pointer stays as a pointer but the rest of the scroll bar makes the pointer change to a resize cursor - Looks like the right hand edge resize area also covers 3/4 the scroll bar - I'm using Firefox Browser - Linux and Windows versions.

Maybe you guys know this already :)

Leigh

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!