CUPS update HPLIP?

• Hi,

Using OMV 2.2.14 with CUPS 2.1.
    When checking which HPLIP version it uses I can see it is 3.12.6-3.1+deb.
    My printer is an HP DeskJet 2130 (All in one). This requires HPLIP 3.15.6 to support my printer.

How do I update the HPLIP so that I can add my printer in CUPS?

I don't want to update to OMV 3.0 as I have to much special configurations going on in OMV 2, so please help me out.

Thank you!

• On OMV 2.x is it difficult. in OMV 3.x is a newer on (3.14.6) and in the backports 3.16.11
    I dont know how you can install it manual.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Could you do this through the cups web interface? no idea if that would affect the omv install of cups....but it's http://localhost:631

As i don't use it (doesn't work with my Canon) I have no idea how cups interacts with omv.

I'm not able to reach that site, so I don't think it works for me either.

Is there any other workaround to get this up and running?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok I don't want to mess this up for you....that is the web interface for configuring printers on Linux....so there is a heading Cups for Administrators
    under there you see adding printers and classes...basically that's where you start.

I have no idea how OMV interacts with cups but that web interface is usual way to set up printers, if you have installed yours already using OMV then it just maybe a case of updating the HP printer file.

• Ok I don't want to mess this up for you....that is the web interface for configuring printers on Linux....so there is a heading Cups for Administrators
    under there you see adding printers and classes...basically that's where you start.

I have no idea how OMV interacts with cups but that web interface is usual way to set up printers, if you have installed yours already using OMV then it just maybe a case of updating the HP printer file.

I haven't added the printer through OMV interface either. As it isn't in the list of drivers. But inside the CUPS interface there is a possibility to upload a PPD file (which seems to be a driver file). But I am not able to find this for my HP DeskJet 2130.
    Any idea on how to update the CUPS driver database?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!