Remove quotas - howto???

• I have assigned quotas to a filesystem, however I want to remove them now, because I want to run only stable functions on my NAS. I cannot find a way to achieve this.
    Changing quotas always ends up in an endless loop with a popup stating: "Please wait..Apply configuration changes"
    After more than 5 minutes of waiting I have refreshed the window and checked, whether the changed quotas have been applied. Yes, they do.
    I don't want to wait that long, so I changed the quotas again and refreshed the window after about 1 minute waitingtime. They have been applied again, however I'm now getting a series of Popups saying: "Error an error has occured / Error communication failure" (appoximately 10 Popups each).
    I have tried the Reset-Button in the "Edit Quota" window as well, but it does not seem to have any function.

I have also tried to remove the user with the assigned quotas and add him again, however I can't get rid of the quotas.
    Can anybody help mit please, to get rid of the quotas?

Additional information:
    After confirmation of quota changes, the changes are written immediately to the file aquota.users.
    A process "quotacheck" is running for about 5 minutes and eats between 20 and 60% of a dualcore cpu. As long as this process is running, the OMV Gui is not usable, because its displaying "Please wait..Apply configuration changes". This must not happen.
    Again, if I dont't wait and refresh the window, then I'm faced with the error messages as described and the Gui is not usable.

Monit records the following message: Description: failed protocol test [HTTP] at INET[127.0.0.1:80] via TCP -- HTTP: Error receiving data -- Resource temporarily unavailable

Still looking for a solution to get rid of the quotas. Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------
    I found no solution, how to disable quotas through the GUI.

Konsole solution:
    a) setquota -u USERNAME 0 0 0 0 -a
    This command removes all quotas for the given username
    b) In /etc/openmediavault/config.xml find the section, where the quotas have been assigned to a user, here "bwg" and replace the value by xxx
    <quota>
    <uuid>b9ec9088-1d18-4d5b-8f3b-1b925d8c2539</uuid>
    <fsuuid>e621c9ac-e740-478a-85b5-346755bba6c4</fsuuid>
    <usrquota>
    <name>bwg</name>
    <bsoftlimit>0</bsoftlimit>
    <bhardlimit>xxx</bhardlimit>
    <isoftlimit>0</isoftlimit>
    <ihardlimit>0</ihardlimit>
    </usrquota>
    </quota>

After that, my system was without quotas. Hope this is helpful.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von MBGucky () aus folgendem Grund: Further results added

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!