NFS - cannot create directory

• I have created a folder called "sftp" in OMV and added this as NFS mount point. => drwxr-sr-x+ 4 root root 4096 Mai 12 20:36 sftp
    This directory is used as a jail for all sftp-users (via Openssh), therefore I cannot change the access permissions.
    The huser "bwg" exists in OMV and on the remote machine with identical UID, but different GID.
    Below that I have created two subdirectories:
    drwxrwxr-x+ 5 bwg users 4096 Mai 17 17:10 Download from BWG
    drwxrwxr-x+ 3 bwg users 4096 Mai 17 12:39 Upload to BWG

The NFS-share is mounted by another machine and the permissions from there are:
    drwxr-sr-x+ 4 root root 4096 Mai 12 20:36 sftp
    drwxrwxr-x+ 5 bwg users 4096 Mai 17 17:10 Download from BWG
    drwxrwxr-x+ 3 bwg users 4096 Mai 17 12:39 Upload to BWG

Problems:
    - via ACL I have not given the write-permission to the group users, however it is set so by the ACL-interface
    - remote access to the subfolders only allows the user bwg (who is owner and has full access) to transfer/delete files, but he cannot create directories - WHY???

Can anybody please advise, what I'm doing wrong here?

Many thanks in advance

• hello MBGucky,
    it's maybe late for answer but i see no-one other try to answer this thread, so i would like to try to help you and other in your situation by answer and ask some questions:

could you pastebin some config files please ? (in my own system, web GUI doesn't make some job perfectly, for exemple, it does a bad link between shared external HDD file-systems and mounted bind directory... instead of /srv/dev-mount-by-label-EBOOKS/ bind ... it does /srv/dev-mount-by-label-EBOOKS/EBOOKS bind... it add a EBOOKS more...)
    also, NFS web UI part add some little options it doesn't show on UI (but that's not bad options) and the one by default are safe... so safe that you can not do nothing more than read it in fact.
    I think that actually, for a good configuration of your servers, the best is again to run by CLI commands on your OS.

you could pastebin:
    /etc/exports
    /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    /etc/fstab
    result for: ls -la /srv
    maybe some result ACL dirty permissions to on each drive (but maybe try first with ne, then copy/paste for all the other when resolve)...

(if you want to stay on OMV, for sure)

walk where you want, but never on my feet. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!