Is this a good configuration?

• So after dicking around with it last night, I cannot get anything funneled through the VPN gateway to connect to anything. I tried sending my iPhone through it as well (to test) and could not connect to any websites. It was giving me a server timeout error.

• Yeah, it was the VPN. I've switched services to PrivateInternetAccess, but any time that connection is up it takes over my whole network, not just the hosts I want to forward through the VPN. I'm poring through their documentation now to see how I can avoid that.

I suspect I will have to change my outbound NAT rules to not allow 192.168.1.0/24 through the VPN gateway. Would it be possible for me to assign the secondary address to rtorrent as something like 10.10.10.5 and then change the outbound NAT rules to allow 10.10.10.0/24 through the VPN gateway? So that way anything from the 192.168.1.0 network goes through my normal WAN (including the OMV box with Plex on it) while my rtorrent, bound to 10.10.10.5, goes through the VPN gateway?

• Ok. Vpn is running well. I can't get rtorrent to work. I set the "bind" option to 192.168.1.6 (and I can connect to rtorrent on that IP) but it will not connect to a torrent. I can browse from a device through the vpn so I know the connection is good now.

• I used your method for getting my server to use 192.168.1.5 as its main IP (configured through the Network tab of the OMV interface) and 192.168.1.6 as a secondary IP. Then, in Deluge's in-app configuration, I just set the "Network Interface" option to 192.168.1.6 and boom. It worked.

I ditched rtorrent altogether. I liked the verbosity of its interface but it was hard to make work. Deluge just works.

Now I'm working on a system when Sonarr or Radarr fetches a torrent to also send a copy of the torrent file to the watch directory on my seedbox.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!