Rsync jobs to view in log file(s)

• OMV 2.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rsync jobs to view in log file(s)

I have an OMV ver.2.2.14 server and in the Webgui under Service : Rsync

I created Rsync jobs exp. Folder1 Folder2 and Folder3 jobs where rsync job for the Folder1 is set to run backup every Friday after 1 a.m.
      for the Folder2 is set to run backup every Saturday after 1 p.m. and for the Folder3 is set to run backup every Sunday after 1 p.m.

I would like to view the logs files for these rsync jobs I created... I would like to periodically check if backup jobs been completed etc.

Can you let me know if there is a way to do so? If yes, how can I do it so I could view logs files for these services I setup?

Thank you,
    • In the GUI, look at the highlighted sections below. (Don't forget the drop down arrow on the right, to select Rsync Jobs.)

Compare the log file time stamps, to the time of scheduled job.

BTW: When you set up the Rsync job, DO NOT select the "Quiet" (Suppress non-error messages) option. If you do, almost nothing is logged.
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing
    • In that case I would wonder if your Rsync Jobs actually ran.

To manually run an Rsync job:
      Go to <Services>, <Rsync>, and click on one of your jobs and "run". A dialog box will open, then click "start".

If the job is working, the dialog box will show you something like the following:
      (In my case, everything is up to date. If new files are copied, from the <source> to <destination>, the list will scroll by.)
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      Please wait, syncing </srv/e29e426a-9fde-458f-b398-b70108fff26e/> to </media/5eee31cc-c41b-46b4-b829-71951efd6bb5/ServerFolders/Backups> ...

sending incremental file list

sent 226,902 bytes received 1,001 bytes 9,302.16 bytes/sec
      total size is 6,568,917,731 speedup is 28,823.31
      _____________________________________________________________________________

If you're not getting something like the above, the job is not working.

BTW - what you see in this dialog window is also stored in the Rsync log.
      Good backup takes the "drama" out of computing