CVE-2017-7494 - Samba version > 3.50 < 4.4.14 remote code execution vulnerability

• Offizieller Beitrag

A fix has already been released. You can't always go by package version since fixes are backported to older versions.

Look: https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2017-7494

I'm safe :)
    # dpkg -l | grep samba
    ii samba 2:4.2.14+dfsg-0+deb8u6 amd64 SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OMV Version 2.1.13 (Stone burner) does appear to still be vulnerable:

Code
    # dpkg -l | grep samba
    ii  samba                               2:3.6.6-6+deb7u10                amd64        SMB/CIFS file, print, and login server for Unix
    ii  samba-common                        2:3.6.6-6+deb7u10                all          common files used by both the Samba server and client
    ii  samba-common-bin                    2:3.6.6-6+deb7u10                amd64        common files used by both the Samba server and client

It needs to be at 2:3.6.6-6+deb7u13 for the vulnerability to be fixed.

The workaround is to add nt pipe support = no to the [global] section of your smb.conf and restart smbd.

This can be done in the GUI by going to Services > SMB/CIFS > Settings > Advanced settings > Extra options and adding nt pipe support = no to the normally empty dialogue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It needs to be at 2:3.6.6-6+deb7u13 for the vulnerability to be fixed.

deb7u13 is in the security repo which should be enabled on OMV 2.x boxes.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• deb7u13 is in the security repo which should be enabled on OMV 2.x boxes.

Thanks for the prompt @ryecoaaron I issued an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade from the command line and it did pull in the fixed version, amongst other things.

I'm not sure why I thought this would have been done automatically, but I guess I should add it as a cron job.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm not sure why I thought this would have been done automatically, but I guess I should add it as a cron job.

Updating the repo and downloading (but not installing) updates is a cron job in OMV. Not sure why your cron job seems to not be working.

• Is there a way to check your version in the GUI? Or a way to use the commandline in the GUI or a url? I'm using a Raspberry which is far away from any screen... I just updated everything, my omv version is 3.0.76. Should I still be worried? Thanks!

• Is there a way to check your version in the GUI? Or a way to use the commandline in the GUI or a url? I'm using a Raspberry which is far away from any screen... I just updated everything, my omv version is 3.0.76. Should I still be worried? Thanks!

What's wrong with ssh and then:

apt-cache-policy samba

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to check your version in the GUI?

Yes. Go to Diagnostics -> System Information -> Report. There is a Packages section.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!