MergerFS

• I started getting the same message in the last 48 hours. Had been rock solid for at least 6 months prior to that without issue. If I deleted and created the diskpool while it was up and running it survived a while, but definitely wouldn't survive a reboot.
    I did try changing the boot kernel back a version but that didnt change anything. Eventually I found this on the git for mergerfs and thought it was worth trying at least considering all my shares were based on this pool. Here's what I did to install the later versions which are from Debian Sid I believe.

Bash
    wget http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fuse/fuse_2.9.7-1_amd64.deb
    wget http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/pool/main/f/fuse/libfuse2_2.9.7-1_amd64.deb
    dpkg -i fuse_2.9.7-1_amd64.deb libfuse2_2.9.7-1_amd64.deb

I rebooted after that and the mergefs mount came back up online and everything seems to be reasonably happy. YMMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I compiled those packages on Jessie quite a while ago. I recommend the packages compiled on Jessie rather than sid.
    http://omv-extras.org/testing/fuse_jessie/

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

From one of the latest commits to mergerfs repo, it looks like trapexit added libfuse to the mergerfs package so it doesn't depend on the OS installed version.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Correct. v2.22.0 includes libfuse. The general fuse package is still required so you have fusermount and mount.fuse or whatnot but they will work with the version of libfuse included in mergerfs now.

• Correct. v2.22.0 includes libfuse. The general fuse package is still required so you have fusermount and mount.fuse or whatnot but they will work with the version of libfuse included in mergerfs now.

Trapexit
    I managed to install libfuse 2.9.7.1 previously on Debian Jesse as I was getting transport endpoint problems. And this fixed it. I had to restore from backup and now the transport endpoint errors are back I I can't remember how I installed libfuse2.9.7.1. Can you help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks Trapexit, How would I upgrade

root@TericaNAS:~# mergerfs -v
    mergerfs version: 2.21.0
    FUSE library version: 2.9.3
    fusermount version: 2.9.3
    using FUSE kernel interface version 7.19

Currently running from OMV3

• Offizieller Beitrag

2.22.0 is in the repo and should show up in the Updates tab now.

Code
    $ mergerfs -v
    mergerfs version: 2.22.0
    FUSE library version: 2.9.7

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• I'm having the same problem in a fresh installation of OMV3 in a VirtualBox VM.

The system is updated to the latest version, including mergerfs (v 2.22.0).

I'm getting Transport endpoint is not connected every time a disk is filled by a file and moveonenospc is set to true: the file filling the disk is left truncated.

Code
    # mergerfs -v
    mergerfs version: 2.22.0
    FUSE library version: 2.9.7

Found this in /var/log/kern.log

Code
    Jun 23 15:33:10 omv3 kernel: [   98.853829] mergerfs[506]: segfault at 0 ip 00007fee3d7d0c3a sp 00007fee3cf441d8 error 4 in libc-2.19.so[7fee3d74f000+1a1000]
  • Problem seems solved with last version 2.22.1, thank you trapexit. Tested copying files via shell.

Is it normal that, with moveonenospc=true, filezilla has a weird behavior and continues to show to "skip/rename/etc." the file untill the same file is written and left truncated in the (filled) HD (see img)?

Policy are not path preserving.
    Is this a case similar to that reported in the readme on github (rename & link paragraph)?

• moveonenospc should be transparent. A write happens, ENOSPC is returned, I look for another drive with space, copy the file over, remove the old file, then continue.

I can't really comment on what Filezilla is doing. I'd need to know how it's writing files and precisely your setup.

• The setup is the one published above. It is a fresh and updated test-installation of OMV3 in Virtualbox under Linux (4.10.0-24). In OMV3 I have activated only SSH and FTP (with default options) services and MergerFS (2.22.1) is the only plugin installed. There's only a shared folder created in the MergerFS pool device. I'm using the default options for mergerfs plus moveonenospc=true. That's all. Let me know if you need more infos.

• I didn't mean your OS and such... I mean... at the time the file is being written what is the directory layouts, size of every drive, files which may or may not exist already, etc. The literal state of the filesystems at the time.

Regardless... I'm not going to be able to comment about what's going on without a simple reproduction. A clean example. To do that I need the above information + exactly the behavior of the tool. Ideally it'd be reproduced via "mv" or "cp" without me needing a ftp server and filezilla.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!