Install UniFi Controller

• Moin @Schorschlhuber

great question. I also want to buy some ubiquiti unify equipment. I saw that there is a docker container for the unify controller. Maybe it's an option for you?

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Which omv version are you using?

With googles help I found out that there seems to be an issue with docker and omv2:

Docker: Error: "couldn't connect to host" - Code: 7

I am on omv3.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• But omv3 is considered stable by the devs.

Which plugins are you using with omv2?

Maybe it's possible for you to migrate easily. Otherwise you should be good to go with your apt installation of the unify controller.

Greetings Hoppel

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use the UniFi controller but in docker. No issues, should be the same to install in host. I just prefer to keep the host as rootfs as clean as possible.
    Is necessary to have the unifi controller on all the time if you're using captive portal for guest users, if the guest network is in a different vlan then you need a special rule to allow traffic from the vlan to where controller is hosted.

• @subzero79 Can you post this rule, please?

I bought a "UniFi UAP AC PRO" and a "UniFi Switch 8 US 150W" two hours ago. If this setup works fine, I am going to buy two more APs.

My server is always up.

Greetings Hoppel

• You will be very happy. UAP-AC-Pro is unnecessary, as long as you don't need the higher speed or second LAN-port. UAP-AC-Lite oder UAP-AC-LR are great products with amazing performance.

I've no experience with Docker but get already a image. I'm very tankful, If subzero would share a How2

• Yes, but for the AC-Lite and the AC-LR I need special ubnt poe adapters, which I don't want. The switch and the AC-Pro are capable to do 802.3at. ;)

Greetings Hoppel

• The LR has one minor issue and that's it uses the ubiquity passive poe standard, I have a poe switch and I had to buy a converter. The pro has the standard poe so just plug directly into the switch.
    No budget for buying ubiquity switches, they cost a kidney.

Correct. Hoppel bought US-8-150W which supports passive PoE (needed for AC-Lite and AC-LR). So no converter needed! ;)

Would you please share your Docker-config, which runs UniFi?

• @Schorschlhuber It's really easy to configure and run a docker container. You won't need subzero's config. It's his config for his environment. ;)

Did you setup omv3 or did you solve the "code 7" issue?

@subzero79 Ok, if I want to route traffic between vlans, I need a rule. Thanks for this reminder.

Bye

• My unifi docker container is running. Now I only need the equipment. ;)

Have a nice evening! Greetings Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!