Dual disk drive USB "super speed" incompatable

• I am running OMV 3.0.76 on an Intel NUC with a Celeron processor. I have a WD Duo 8T configured as hardware Raid 1 and a 1T WD passport that setup and work fine with OMV. I also have a Archgon dual 2.5 inch 1T drives that is a hardware raid as well. This device work fine with Windows and Linux but will not work in any configuration with OMV. I have tried hardware/software Raid 0,1, JBOD and Individual disk. No matter the configuration, the system crashes during file system format. This is a USB 3.0 "super speed" device and that may be causing the issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Archgon…&sr=8-42&keywords=archgon

Royce

• Thanks for the suggestion. I dont think it is a Linux problem because I am running it on an Asus router without issue and on Ubuntu as well. I am running the Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 kernel. The device ID is 152d:0561.

152d JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp.I found this online where someone was having trouble with the device on Arch Linux. Coupled it with an ODROID XU4 Single Board Computer using Arch Linux with software raid (ext4). Note: had issue with USB dropping out and fixed it with the following:
    lsusb -v <-- determine drive ID
    nano /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist_uas.conf <-- edit or create
    options usb-storage quirks=152d:0561:u <-- add this line replacing the "quirks=xxxx:xxxx:u" with your device id pulled from lsusb -v. This adds the config parameter to the uas kernel module at boot time to blacklist
    mkinitcpio -p linux-odroid-xu3 <-- rebuild image
    reboot <-- reboot for changes to take effect

I don't have the file he references in OMV and I am not sure what it does so I haven't made any mods.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!