Remote Desktop Plugin and iOS Microsoft RDP

• Hi,

I am using the remote Desktop Plugin 3.6 on OMV 3.0.77. Unfortunately, when I try to connect from my iOS device using Microsoft RDP, it does not show any fonts. The problem has been already discussed on xRDP forums and they also provide an answer (https://github.com/neutrinolabs/xrdp/issues/246). The solution is to install xrdp version 0.9.1. This package is also available as Jessie Backports. However, I was able to install the backport package because of custome ini of the omv remote desktop plugin:

anyone can help?

Best regards,

• I have no experience with the Desktop Plugin. Is the plugin a client for accessing other machines or a server for accessing the OMV machine? If it is a server, why not just use SSH? OMV does not have a user interface anyway.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no experience with the Desktop Plugin. Is the plugin a client for accessing other machines or a server for accessing the OMV machine? If it is a server, why not just use SSH? OMV does not have a user interface anyway.

The remote desktop plugin install minimal components allowing to connect an OMV system with the remote desktop protocol and get a desktop environment. The system still boots to the command line.

anyone can help?

I would have to change the remotedesktop plugin to accommodate the new xrdp.ini file. I will look at it but it isn't real high on my priority list since it works with most remote desktop clients

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does the plugin the ini a lot? Otherwise I can adapt the ini file and froward it to you

The plugin rewrites the .ini file any time you install it or make a change. The .ini file is written from this file. If you send me the changes needed for the .ini, I will have the plugin write a different .ini based on the version of xrdp installed.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• This is the code of the new ini file. As long as remote desktop does not need the [xrdp2] to [xrdp7] parts, I dont think there is any changes needed. I guess the new version of xrdp makes problem because it is not the default file.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess the new version of xrdp makes problem because it is not the default file.

Strange. Not sure how to fix this if the .ini is the same.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is not complete the same. line 25 to 71 is not there.

Those are just additional options in the drop down when you first connect and are optional. They don't make the package fail to install.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Those are variables. The two configs are pretty much the same. Some of the settings are optional.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!