[RESOLVED] DLNA and Media Rescan

• I have been using OVM for a couple of months now and all in all it is working very well.
    I have just one issue that I have not been able to figure out nor have I found anything in the forums.

Every time I add new Videos to my designated folder they don't show up until I use the "Force a complete rescan of all media folder" setting.
    I have added files and waited overnight yet they never seem to show up my themselves.

Have I configured something wrong?

Thanks

• Either there is a bad file in your video folder or your database is corrupted. Have you tried deleting you database and restarting:

service minidlna stop
    rm /tmp/minidlna/files.db
    service minidlna start

When you start service it will automatically recreate the database.

• tekkbebe,

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.
    The file shows up for my media player but I didn't see any entries in the DLNA log.
    So, I guess it just updates quietly in the background??

Much thanks.

• Have strange problem with scanning media.
    Example.
    Have next folders on disk:

miniDLNA scan all folders except "Serials". If i rename "Serials" to "3" (any digits name) miniDLANA scan that folder. Than I rname it back and miniDLNA add renamed folder in database but if I rebuid database or delete-create it "Serials" agayne not scanned. I'm try named this folder in Russian but get same problem.
    What can I do with this problem?

P.S. Sorry for my English :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

That would be a question for the minidlna developer.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!