Trying to disable SMBv1 and enable higher protocol

• Hi,

I'm running OMV 2.2.13
    and Samba Version 3.6.6

I'm trying to disable SMBv1 and enable minimum of SMBv2 on my server.
    I was trying to put those commands in the smb.conf :
    server min protocol = SMB2 server max protocol = SMB3 client min protocol = SMB2 client max protocol = SMB3 min protocol = SMB2 max protocol = SMB3and then when I ran testparm -v | grep protocol, I received:max protocol = NT1min protocol = SMB2Which is good, I guess?But, I couldn't access my shares from any computer, even a computer that is running SMBv1 and SMBv2.when I remove those lines, I able to access the share again, Only from computer running SMBv1.I still can't access the share from computer that is not running SMBv1.

• In OMV3 man smb.conf shows:

That means option "NT1" is equal to SMB V1.

So in your case it should be sufficient to put this two lines in the smb.conf:
    server min protocol = SMB2
    server max protocol = SMB3

But you should better put it in the 'Extra options' field of the general SMB/CIFS settings of OMV.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!